Compensation for The Thing DDQ?

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
So now that we have all replaced the screen on our phones from throwing, or purchased a new mouse for you Steamers. What have we learned?

Well for one, TU's in this format need to be reevaluated.

The fact that there was a stealth change after so many quit trying or spent HP to get boosts, there was a problem.

The biggest of them all, more than TU's, more than putting a slow tank against a fast damage dealer, is the the majority of whom this format is meant to benefit had no where near a fully covered Thing to be competitive. I think someone said the best you could have him covered without winning a PvP or PvE is 1/1/4.

I think the cycle needs to be looked at, especially with new 4*'s coming all the time, in addition perhaps DDQ needs to happen every 4 or 3 days.

In short we were all put through a very unfun process, and feel compensation is due.

Am I expecting free HP or covers, well...that would be great. A free Thing cover or a LT would be nice but no, my compensation is much more simple.

Please acknowledge what happened Devs, and what you are doing to keep this from happening?

However, a free cover might be easier for them that that.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    The amount that the 4* match feels luck based is troubling to me. I feel like the one v one aspect makes the fights unbalanced one way or the other as characters arent designed to go at it alone, so if you have a skill that directly offsets the opponents....the fights are a bit of a joke. That said, exploiting invisibility with a lvl 70 IW to win was by FAR the most fun Ive had in this game.

There was something seriously funky about this DPDQ 4* match though. There were 13 people in my bracket who completed it, not one had a fully covered Thing (one was 0/1/2!!! How DID they do it?).
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reading through this, you want:

- Change or eliminate TUs in the 4* node
    - Change the character being faced
    - Change the cycle of characters
    - Make the 4* node more frequent
    - Unspecified compensation, but on par with a legendary token.

I don't mean to be a kitty of the tiny variety or anything, but why not just create a whole new event if you're going to do all that work? Your demands should probably be a bit more reasonable.