Fix for Legendary Tokens

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
OK so people don't like getting the same token over and over.

and ICE has already stated that the only alternative would be a vault system. As changing individual player odds as they pull tokens (the commonly suggested fix) requires too much resources and/or time. I disagree there is another fix which can't be too hard, won't take too long and won't make progression too fast.

The issue people have is when tokens come in runs - the fix is simple. Rather like when apple had to change their random feature on ipods because people kept getting the same song over and over Devs could change LT so that they always give you a random pull which is different than your last pull. No more runs.

Or perhaps they could a step further and make the LT rotate between which token it will give out - so 1 token gives you 4Hor, next one gives Prof X, next one gives Phoenix...etc.

Neither suggestion makes progression lightening fast but does stop people getting the same thing over and over.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be ok with that, but people need to realize that sometimes you pull hb or jean multiple times. I had consecutives on each of those, hb a couple of months ago and jean a few weeks ago. this would limit that too. it would promote roster slots for those without all the 4*s. good for those who want them, bad for those who can't afford them. other than jean and hb (and starlord - wahooo), mine have been pretty even across the board. I would not have benefitted as much from the proposed system, but I'd be ok with it.
  • OneLastGambit
    TxMoose wrote:
    I'd be ok with that, but people need to realize that sometimes you pull hb or jean multiple times. I had consecutives on each of those, hb a couple of months ago and jean a few weeks ago. this would limit that too. it would promote roster slots for those without all the 4*s. good for those who want them, bad for those who can't afford them. other than jean and hb (and starlord - wahooo), mine have been pretty even across the board. I would not have benefitted as much from the proposed system, but I'd be ok with it.

I'm in agreement with you here, as infuriating as my constant stream of MHwkeyes from Heroic/Event tokens is my luck from Legendaries is excellent and has helped me build a semi usable kingpin. But the vocal majority of users on here hate getting runs of characters (when they already have them) so change it then they cant. Though they will probably then complain about how they get a different one each time and it takes longer to build up one character.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Devs could change LT so that they always give you a random pull which is different than your last pull. No more runs.
    I can see it now...

"My last 6 pulls were Xforce, Bag Lady, Xforce, Bag Lady, XForce and Bag Lady..."
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    starlord and MFer should play in that bunch too. could make a real random looking group of nothingness.
  • OneLastGambit
    simonsez wrote:
    Devs could change LT so that they always give you a random pull which is different than your last pull. No more runs.
    I can see it now...

"My last 6 pulls were Xforce, Bag Lady, Xforce, Bag Lady, XForce and Bag Lady..."

Well they could change it so that you can't hey the same token again until you've cycled through all the others first but how many people Will then complain it takes 45 tokens to pick up another one for the same character?

There's no way to please everyone without giving them the option to pick whatever token they want, which it's obviously unreasonable my suggestion simply limits the damage currently being done. Is it perfect? No. Is it a reasonable improvement? Yes.