Invisible Woman and Decoy's AUTO Generating Grn & Blk AP?!

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I was battling IW and the decoys in the new simulator mode and noticed that every turn, whether or not green or black is broken, their team is adding 4 green and 4 black AP!!! I looked through their abilities but didn't see any mention of this. Anyone know what is going on there? Sure makes it easy for her to pop off those force field crushes rather easily... icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• All mooks generate AP. Their abilities use black and green so they generate black and green. She gets to benefit from it.
  • Zirtak
    Zirtak Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd like one of those on my team plz.
  • They've been doing this in every PvE for a while, it's just to stop you shutting down the AI by not letting it get matches it needs.

Simplest way to deal with this one is just kill Sue as quickly as you can. Once she's down you don't need to deal with match damage or her clogging up the board any more, and one of the mooks' abilities is just a no-damage stun. She's really a pain only if she gets off her protect tile, which the required Loki can flip into a strike tile, even if she does. Or if she manages invisibility, I guess, but she'll just blow that up herself soon enough if you don't.
  • You might have missed it in the past because it only comes up when the colors align, but the character has a low enough ability compared to the mooks that she gets to fire it off. It should be highlighted before the battle because it can make the battle much more difficult depending on the character.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    You might have missed it in the past because it only comes up when the colors align, but the character has a low enough ability compared to the mooks that she gets to fire it off. It should be highlighted before the battle because it can make the battle much more difficult depending on the character.

Stun and nuke down invisible woman as soon as possible. I don't really have too much problems with this since she has to fire off crush twice. I always use a +3 blue/purple boost for this fight to start me off.
  • This is actually one of the easiest fights they have in the pve. Doombots don't do insane damage, thier countdowns are relatively low, bit they never use thier countdown green unless sue is dead or stunned. Ko one doombot, then ko sue, then ko the other doombot. The first doombot is so that sue is still using all the green. After one doombot is down, stun the other doombot or both and take out sue before she gets another green off to detonate. Even if you do poorly you should finish with two near full hp characters easily as her green only damages one person,ends the turn every time, and keeps the doombots from being anything but ap generators for her turn ending green @4 ap per a turn.

All minions generate ap. Thier abilities cost ap to use and so, since they cannot match, they generate ap at the end of each turn.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    You might have missed it in the past because it only comes up when the colors align, but the character has a low enough ability compared to the mooks that she gets to fire it off. It should be highlighted before the battle because it can make the battle much more difficult depending on the character.

Stun and nuke down invisible woman as soon as possible. I don't really have too much problems with this since she has to fire off crush twice. I always use a +3 blue/purple boost for this fight to start me off.
    I was just thinking back to the first time I noticed it. I can't remember who it was, but my strategy at the time was to deny green. They kept pummeling me until I figured out what was happening. That was before stunlock though. No problems now. We'll see after Spidey gets changed.
  • You can just stun IW and leave the Doombots alone. It should be pretty easy to set up favorable matches when the other side isn't matching tiles. Remember if the only unstunned guys are the goons, then they cannot match tiles and that's usually good enough, especially given Doombots have relatively harmless attacks.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Turns out the one way to make Baglady a decent character is to give her a couple of green autogenerating doombots.

Can I get a doombot? If not, how about a refund on ISO spent on her?
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Turns out the one way to make Baglady a decent character is to give her a couple of green autogenerating doombots.

Can I get a doombot? If not, how about a refund on ISO spent on her?

That'd be a great idea for a teamup. "Tired of getting beat by level 230 goons? Turn the tables and team up with a level 230 Maggia Muscle for a change of pace. You also get a level 230 IW on the side who will pretend to be doing something useful but is actually just slowing down the team."
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    I was just thinking back to the first time I noticed it. I can't remember who it was, but my strategy at the time was to deny green. They kept pummeling me until I figured out what was happening.

Prenerfed Ragnorok, turn 2 or 3 cascade of death.