Scaling and the Gauntlet

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
I'm not convinced that scaling should apply to the Gauntlet event. This event is placed as a PVE, and yet is a non-competitive event. Currently, I'm looking at mission 16, and by whatever formula is used, this "Normal" mission features level 192 characters that tore my empowered team apart. I could conceivably get through it but:

1. "Normal" difficulty is starting a little soon. 16 is the second mission in the second leg. Increase in difficulty shouldn't go up to "Normal" until halfway through or toward the end of that leg.

2. There's no need to treat this one like it's a competition. There's no true ranking, nobody's being kept away from awards by not grinding or getting awards by doing it.

I was hoping to see the Gauntlet as a sign of my progress in the game. To play through it and say to myself, "The first time, I was barely able to get into the second leg, the second time, I made it into the third before the enemies were too much, and this time, I may have the strength to complete it." Instead, it looks like leg three is out of reach again.

Comments

• Im opposed to the Essential Character nodes being needed for the top progression rewards. The only reward I'm interested in is the one 4 star cover available, but unlike the legendary token of other events which you can get through grinding, by not having the essential 4* that progression reward is simply not available to me.

That's a real shame for me as I just made it to the end of the last one and really enjoyed the challenge, for a real reward at the end of it.