Infestation of 2*

Punatulkku
Punatulkku Posts: 228
Hi, i have been playing this game almost for a year now. And im atm transitioning to 4* teams, or atleast im trying. Atm i just have been keeping huge luck of getting 3-4months straight 2* **** from events and tokens.

So i would like to say this. I wont buy any single hero points until i get 4* guy from token. Game is ment to be fun. Not cash walls.

Respect your customers, the people that pay your salaries D3.

Treat them well, and they will spend more....

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All legendary tokens give at minimum a 4*, and are tokens available to win every event.. Problem solved.
  • it takes a huge grind. and some people are casual players. and i dont doubt that they feel compelled to spend anything if they only get 2* from tokens.

legendary tokens were a step for good direction, but something needs to be done still.
  • Malcrof
    Punatulkku wrote:
    it takes a huge grind. and some people are casual players. and i dont doubt that they feel compelled to spend anything if they only get 2* from tokens.

legendary tokens were a step for good direction, but something needs to be done still.

My recommendation, come up with an idea to help fix it, and post it in suggestions. That way, your feedback will be seen, and others can add input.

Also, you can find one of the multitude of threads in that subforum, and add to it as well.
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Punatulkku wrote:
    it takes a huge grind. and some people are casual players. and i dont doubt that they feel compelled to spend anything if they only get 2* from tokens.

I once thought that this game could be played casually with good rewards but the competitiveness of the game has gotten a little out of hand. Casual players will get casual results. People who pay will get a good advantage over people who do not. I just cannot find it in me to pay a couple of hundred dollars to get a digital character (who will be nerfed or forgotten). One of the best feelings I can think of in this game is opening a taco token and getting 1000 HP or getting 4 covers (3 from competition standings and 1 from alliance) from a PVE event. Please be patient and it will come in a flood like it did for me.
  • Btw, i will bet 1dollar bet that this topic will be forgotten in here, and no dev will even bother to check this or even reply.... Thanks support that said that it would be good to post on forums. Sigh...
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's not a lot they can do about your bad luck. Folks have been asking for changes to the way token odds are handled for a while. I don't think they base their plans around individual player experience, but rather the overall economics. If enough covers of each rarity are being generated by the tokens, they're fine with some people being winners and some being losers.
  • There could be somekind of meter that fills until you get something else than 2* ****...

Making people leave is the stupidest thing for income wise...
  • BlackSheep101
    I think they call that meter Command Points. Every so often you get a guaranteed 4* with a chance at a 5*.
  • What if you arent in clan? What if you dont buy any hp/iso? what if you dont get command points from anywhere?
  • Malcrof
    Punatulkku wrote:
    What if you arent in clan? What if you dont buy any hp/iso? what if you dont get command points from anywhere?

They are available in multiple nodes every pve sub, available in pvp for t50, even my tablet, who is in a public alliance, has about 50 now (won't open them because no roster slots and not even done w/ prologue)..

Honestly, you have to try for some things.. CP though, even by not trying hard, you can get some.
  • BlackSheep101
    And that's ignoring the batches you will get regularly from the daily resupply. I don't make purchases either, and while my alliance made some initial purchases during the introduction phase, that's stopped now. Keep playing PVE, and if you're keen on getting extra legendary tokens, grind the nodes that award them until you get them. Then go get the top progression reward. A token every few days plus the occasional bonus one from CP will get you a good base of 4* covers. Eventually your token luck will turn, too. Just now I got a Red Hulk cover from a Balance of Power token.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Punatulkku wrote:
    What if you arent in clan? What if you dont buy any hp/iso? what if you dont get command points from anywhere?

I am a 100% free player and I have almost 40 command points. I got 5 from the "thanks for playing" reward, 2 points from alliance members making purchases, a stack of 10 from resupply, and the rest have come from mission rewards. I haven't had any top placement rankings since CP were introduced, and I didn't do the facebook link or purchase incentive or any of the other early adopter boosts.

You can either pay, or you can wait, but they will come to you. This is how scarcity model games are meant to work.

Also, you may as well find a public alliance and join up. Lots of alliances that are listed as public don't really expect much other than you show up and play. Plus, being a member means you'll get a little bonus ISO every time you collect resupply rewards.