To Whom it may concern on 4* DDQ

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
To whom it may concern

When creating nodes where players are at a disadvantage to start off, DO NOT nope give the AI an AP steal. Seriously, you pit the slow moving thing against Human Torch who is one of the fastest and highest damaging 3*'s against Thing who you short changed us in covers so far, then on top of that give the AI an aggressive recon?

This one is worse than the X-Force/Cyclops battle, please rethink TU's you give the AI as well as pitting us up against these dmg dealing 3*'s when the community as a whole does not have the covers for some of these 4*'s

Mod Edit: No skirting the language filter.

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, for a while the TU's were relatively harmless 2* Cap Marvel TU's and I thought: 'good, that's a semi-decent way of compensating for the unfair advantage'. But the last couple of nodes the TU's have gone back to being way too big an advantage for the AI. I think that Flame Jet TU for Cage was even worse than this one, actually, but the steal did decide my first Thing match in the AI's favor.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    We all know we are supposed to lose. But the fun is again sucked out of the game.

Also players. Please stop giving the devs tips on how to make this game harder.
  • Phaserhawk
    Not to mention Thing's yellow is worthless. I would have rather seen Doom. More fair, still hard but at 1/3/4 I have no chance. I think someone with 5 red can win undercovered and leveled because of the 2 turn stun. But short of that it is really beyond passable
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    They need to set expectations or risk continuing to frustrate the player base further.

I would like to see a Dev statement on who should be able to defeat the opponents in Crash of the Titans.

If a level 150 is supposed to stand no chance, then just tell us so we won't get frustrated. If you expect that the person has at least one level 4 or 5 ability (which had been a requirement a few times so far) tell us so we don't bang our heads against the wall.

Pegging the opponent at 270 regardless of the matchup is arbitrary, so maybe even play test the matchup and adjust the opponents level so that your desired level can stand a chance across the board regardless of matchup.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is unfair beyond words, indeed. Cannot believe that after so much grief expressed by their player base they haven't done anything about it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Suggestions and Feedback, left shadow topic in General.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    When 4* DDQ started the devs said it would be impossible to just flip a switch and turn off team ups in that one fight, and it would take a client patch. Fair enough. PATCH THE GAME. It's been more than long enough.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    When 4* DDQ started the devs said it would be impossible to just flip a switch and turn off team ups in that one fight, and it would take a client patch. Fair enough. PATCH THE GAME. It's been more than long enough.
    Haven't we already had a patch since DDQ4 started? I guess they were too busy Hi around with the victory screen...

Captain America says "Language!"
  • Phaserhawk
    Everytime it's that TU that costs me. I eat a fireball and usually inferno right after. This one is impossible
  • I'm sure there will be 3-4 in the forum that will manage to beat it, so it's probably fine as is.

[\sarcasm]

DBC
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Slarow wrote:
    They need to set expectations or risk continuing to frustrate the player base further.

I would like to see a Dev statement on who should be able to defeat the opponents in Crash of the Titans.
    Absolutely. Hearthstone Heroic challenges simply say: "Heroic bosses are extremely difficult. They will require many attempts and multiple deck revisions to defeat." The expectation setting in the first sentence goes a long way. The second sentence tells you how you might have fun with the challenge (making deck revisions).

That said, the MPQ equivalent would read: "4* DDQ challenges are extremely difficult. They will require many attempts and a required 4* character with 8-13 covers to defeat (additional covers can be purchased for ~$20 each.)"

No one is going to like that, but at least we could get past the question of how difficult these are supposed to be and on to the bigger question: Is 4* DDQ any fun?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one is going to like that, but at least we could get past the question of how difficult these are supposed to be and on to the bigger question: Is 4* DDQ any fun?
    I enjoy them. I've lost several and won slightly more than that. Some of them were easy, some were challenging but possible, some were clearly too hard for my undercover character, and a couple were just impossible enough that I kept trying and got a bit frustrated. But on average, I like the feature. I wish it ran more frequently than once every five days.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the other hand, now that we're coming to the tail end of the roster I'm very glad I've had time to build up my Jean Grey and Iceman before they're getting thrown into the crucible.
  • GuntherBlobel
    DayvBang wrote:
    I enjoy them. I've lost several and won slightly more than that. Some of them were easy, some were challenging but possible, some were clearly too hard for my undercover character, and a couple were just impossible enough that I kept trying and got a bit frustrated. But on average, I like the feature. I wish it ran more frequently than once every five days.
    I like the feature as much as I liked the Galactus Round 1 boss fight, which looked promising, but wasn't really fun when it ended on turn 3 (I know I'm not alone on that). If I lose a match to Galactus, I want to be able to look at my previous strategy and try something else. I'm glad they retooled Galactus and I think they need to do the same for 4* DDQ.

When you lose a 4* DDQ match, what do you do differently the next time?

I play it once, maybe twice to assess whether it can be won and then move on. Win or lose, there's no strategy. It's probably the least engaging challenge in MPQ aside from trivial nodes.

EDIT: I take it back... I sometimes make trival nodes fun by trying to tackle it with 1* or 2* characters.
  • Still, it's that " below the belt" feeling you get when the AI changes the course of the battle with a FRIGGINN ANNOYING PAIN IN THE ANUS TU, it makes me feel like D3 is saying ," Haha, suckers, we got you, lol " icon_e_sad.gif .
    So i say this to the DEV's, give me at friggin TU, or remove it because most of us don't want it !!!
    Lost twice because of TU so far, sames as the last 4* DDQ.

DEV : STOP ANNOYING YOUR CUSTOMERS PLEASE....THANK YOU icon_e_confused.gif
  • GuntherBlobel
    TU has been changed to Iron Fist purpleflag.png. Phaser's streak of getting instant results continues.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally offer two suggestions to the 4 star mission in Deadpool's Daily:

1. Removal of the team-up, as was already mentioned. It was always intended to be a one vs. one battle, and yet the A.I. team up ruins that.

2. Treat it like Balance of Power by scaling both characters to 270. With the increased power the boosted rares have comes the ability for Cyclops to one-shot a level 153 Wolverine (I was careful and lucky and won the first time) because of his poor health pool. Someone with one or two covers is still unlikely to out-dps the fully covered opponent, but at least has a chance with better health pool.

This was supposed to be offered as a challenge, as well as a new way to GAIN and TRANSITION to the Legendary characters. Please live up to that idea. Not just have it as a way for those pretty much already transitioned to get even further ahead.

EDIT: I'd forgotten I posted this one. So no team ups, that's nice. Scaling would still be an appreciated change (including scaling down champion legendaries to 270 so the challenge remains). I was happy with the Squirrel Girl fight during the Anniversary. Less to do with level, and more to do with her ability ranks being reasonable to deal with, considering the spare number of DD covers I had. At any rate, scaling to 270. Please. It would be a vast improvement (although whales like KingDreadNaught might complain).