Clappy Clappy for new PVE :D

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously great job, someone really knows how good PVE is done.
Ignoring tha fact that its completely lacking a story (which is explained by it being a sim) you*ve done everything right icon_e_biggrin.gif

- 5000 / 8000 Iso reward : People need more Iso and putting 500 in twice per circle is a great motivation, also 8000 in progression ^^
- 2 Modes : Great, giving lower player a better chance and hogher ones a challenge with a reward (double the normal reward)
- New Hero : Always nice to diversify the rooster
- Devil Dinosaur : *Rawr*, nuff said
- Rotationg Buffed Champs + Rotating Champs needed for extra Missions : This is just more fair ^^

Also my latest Support Ticked was answered and solved in less than 24h and I felt well-treated icon_e_biggrin.gif
Additionally seeing upcoming events in your Newsfeed is great,too

Comments

• Where's the part about 230 mobs?
  • I agree 100%.

I was so disenchanted with last PVE, did bare minimum to get DD cover.

This has been a far more rewarding experience, especially the massive iso rush during the first passes.

Thumbs up!

Keep on crying and whining newbs, your tears sustain me.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Where's the part about 230 mobs?

1. The 230 mobs are only for a few nodes this time around, compared to the last 2 PvEs where they were on nearly every node. It's an improvement by ANY reasonable definition.

2. I know you get a hard time around here for being fairly critical of the game, and I support your right to voice your gripes. That being said, here's someone who is having a good time with the game, sharing some positive sentiment, and looking to connect with others who feel the same. You've voiced your concerns about this (and all the other) events in plenty of threads - did you really have to come in here and rain on the OP's parade?

It's mistimed snark like this that drives people away from staying with the community in the long term. I originally came here for information, but stuck around because I had fun interacting with the people here. Don't feel the need to prove people "wrong" for having fun with the game, just because you aren't. It makes people not want to stick around.

To the OP - I am digging this one quite a bit myself - so much more variety in both enemy and team compositions, great ISO rewards, and Devil Dino is always a welcome sight!
  • I was going to start a thread saying pretty much the same, so I just wanted to jump on and say "what he said". My favorite part is the variety of teams you play against and are forced to play as. Of course the big ISO injection is also very much appreciated. Progressions seem like they'll probably all be attainable, but non-trivial to get the highest ones. Great job with the hard mode to reward higher levels people, but also an easier mode where lower level people can grind to get those tokens which will be useful to them.

Just want to give you devs positive feedback that you really did things right with this event. This is the gold standard to judge others against. Hope you've learned some useful lessons on how to stage these things moving forward.

*slow clap*
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yeah, I agree this PvE is a big improvement. And I quite like it so far (even if I have now chance at making any reasonable rank icon_e_smile.gif )

There's only one thing I really mind and that is part of the scaling. I have no problem with enemies scaling up as I go, etc. But IMHO they really shouldn't scale up if I'm not even playing. Getting up to see my enemies 60 levels or more stronger than when I went to bed is a bit of a let down in the morning icon_e_wink.gif
  • I reserve my judgement until the end of the tourney. They always seem to start good. Not many end good. I'll decide my feelings for it the final day probably.
  • I agree for the most part. Although I still have a gripe with the scaling which directly contrasts with the gameplay. It's not always having a strong team or or playing smart. Far to often I'm up against an impossible to reach countdown timer or a field of green when fighting Daken. It's pretty much a non-fight from that point on. So you retreat, wait an hour and try again hoping for a better board. That aspect is simply not fun.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This one is way better but I still think Hulk event was the best.
  • I'm quite enjoying it; the organic way of making you switch your roster around (ie can't use same chars as them other guys) is nice.

and Loki is getting some love! and Devil Dino, too - except, his affection is shown by chomping you down in one bite.

Hard is challenging, Easy mode is just fun.

s'all good.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, I've had a few gripes, but now that I've gotten some serious time with the game last night I'm starting to warm up to this mode a lot. Hard mode is definitely hard, but giving chars like Daken and Moonstone a chance to shine has been great. Controlling Threaten tiles has been a lot of fun. Getting a Hitman to shoot himself in the face with his sniper rifle has been pretty sweet as well.

Hell, even giving Loki some quality face time has been enjoyable. Every time I use Trickery, I feel like I'm playing a rigged lottery. Seems like good things happen more often than not.

Pretty much the only mission where I didn't even have a chance has been the 230 Daken mission. I'm OK with that, cause even though I'd really like the 5000 Iso it's very clearly labeled "HARD MODE." Will need to rethink that one before the end of today...
  • I really appreciate how much thought seems to have gone into the event... for example, the "big node" of Maggia/Wolverines is clearly there to show off the power of the featured villain, Loki, and many of the other nodes let Loki and Moonstone shine. Just wish I had a Loki icon_lol.gif
  • Yeah.... much more fun and playable - I've even put in the "B" and "C" teams in the regular sub and got to use some toons I've not used really yet. This is a fast improvement, and incidentally, I like that this patch coming up will adjust some of the scaling even further.

Thank you Demiurge!
  • After some initial disliking for the scaling, the more I play it the better I'm finding it. Hard mode is just that - hard, especially as I only have a fairly mid-level roster. However, with boosts, careful play and some luck, every fight can be beaten. Hell, I smashed my way through the level 160 Hood, Mags and Doom fight with a 60 Rags, Spidey and IM40, and I didn't have a scratch thanks to a lucky cascade giving me a ton of blue.

I've really appreciated the ISO as well. I've been able to level my Hulk and Punisher from 20 to 45 and 41 each, GSBW from 45 to 60, and others as well. And to think, there's another 7 and a bit days of this left! Hopefully I'll have a really nice roster by the end of this.
  • If it weren't for Spiderman, this would be completely undoable for me. My highest level is 75. The level of the easy end of the ISO line is 151. I don't know what people are doing that aren't lucky enough to have gotten enough spiderman covers to lock that down. (That are at my relative power level). To be sure, the ISO is very helpful so maybe I can level my guys...but L230s at the end of the hard line is just foolish.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kairqa wrote:
    If it weren't for Spiderman, this would be completely undoable for me. My highest level is 75.

using boosted characters maybe?
    Cleared most of hard mode with level 20 daken/cap america just for giggles
    but then again I played early when levels were still around 150
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kairqa wrote:
    If it weren't for Spiderman, this would be completely undoable for me. My highest level is 75. The level of the easy end of the ISO line is 151. I don't know what people are doing that aren't lucky enough to have gotten enough spiderman covers to lock that down. (That are at my relative power level). To be sure, the ISO is very helpful so maybe I can level my guys...but L230s at the end of the hard line is just foolish.

They use Loki to convert Dakens strike tiles to defence tiles. Then they just cruise through it.

And level 230 protecting the biggest ISO and event points rewards is foolish?