Will Patch completely replace my **Wolvie? Should I sell?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi guys,

I'm struggling with whether or not to sell Wolvie. I know the good selling rates were recently changed, but for some reason right now I can still sell my level 85 at 34k iso. Should I sell? I have a Patch I can bring up to 89, for now. He's around 60.

Pros of selling:
My Wolvie is 5-3-5 and yellow is really weak right now. I could rebuild at 5-5-3.
I have 2 other maxed 2*s (Thor and OBW) and two level 50 2*s (Storm and Ares), do I really need a maxed Wolvie?
I could use the 550 HP for shielding (tight budget)
Patch would be my first legitimate 3*
As was the case yesterday, the 34k iso will most certainly not be offered forever for a L85 Wolvie.

Cons of selling:
I hate to think of all the lost iso. And the memories...
Wolverine is still pretty good. Patch, like others have said, is much more volatile.

For those of you with both characters, have you completely switched to Patch, or is Wolvie still fun/useful?

Comments

• Wolvie is still highly useful. Best Red damage of the 2 stars, best partner with OBW.

Patch is great also, but you really need to run with an IM40, Loki or a Spidey to get the full benefits of his powers.

My advice: Don't sell, but keep leveling up Patch.
  • Patch completely replaced A-Wolvie for me after the changes. (Namely because he could still act as a regen tank which is what I primary used A-Wolvie for.)

I am rebuilding A-Wolvie in case he is required for an event / powerup that does not cover Patch.

Now with all that being said...Patch takes some getting used to mainly since you can outright kill yourself with him via poor play / bad luck.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Patch isn't an Avenger
    He can't take part in 2* only tournaments.
    I don't know if either or both count as X-men.
    Patch and Wolvie aren't always buffed in the same events.
    Wolvie can block out Daken's strike tiles.

But for your average run of the mill fight where purple anti strike tiles don't scare you then yes.
  • I use Patch except when Wolvie is required or boosted. However, I must admit that it's due to overusage of Wolvie and Patch being new and interesting. Wolvie is still quite good. His advantage is a quicker and safer offense. If you need to get rid of trash, Wolvie can get the job done pretty quick.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would try to avoid selling covers in general. Wolvie being an avenger and Patch not being one is going to come up a lot in future tournaments if the past is any indication, so keeping that 2* wolvie will definitely pay off dividends in the future.