Community Spotlight: MPQ Video Blogger, Adampq

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all,

A quick heads-up that a Community Spotlight interview with Marvel Puzzle Quest vlogger, Adampq is now available on the D3 Go! blog.

In this fun and friendly chat, Adampq talks about his involvement with the game and reveals his favorite and most popular MPQ-related videos.

You can READ IT HERE.

COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT: MEET MPQ VIDEO BLOGGER, ADAMPQ
Quote:
"D3 GO!: Hello, Adampq! Thank you for sitting down with us today and answering a few questions. All right, so when did you decide to fire up your YouTube channel dedicated to Marvel Puzzle Quest?

ADAMPQ: I wanted to start posting MPQ videos as soon as I discovered the game. Then I waited 90 days until I felt I had something to contribute…and a semi-respectable roster."

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Hmm, that is funny. How come I didn't get an invite? I make more videos on a regular basis and have for longer and my videos get more views. Can I get my own frontpage red post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3CjD5gP3g
  • notamutant wrote:
    Hmm, that is funny. How come I didn't get an invite? I make more videos on a regular basis and have for longer and my videos get more views. Can I get my own frontpage red post?

Maybe if you weren't openly using a hacked game to make your videos they would pay attention. Imagine if he used a hacked game along with the production value of his videos, he'd crush it. The fact that he's saving up tokens earned from gameplay to make his videos is really impressive, and honestly makes his videos far more exciting to watch (since the time spent to earn them versus the actual return is totally up in the air).

Either way, great interview and it's awesome to see you guys reaching out to members of the community for spotlights like this!
  • Thank you for the interview, David!
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi all,

A quick heads-up that a Community Spotlight interview with Marvel Puzzle Quest vlogger, Adampq is now available on the D3 Go! blog.

In this fun and friendly chat, Adampq talks about his involvement with the game and reveals his favorite and most popular MPQ-related videos.

You can READ IT HERE.

COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT: MEET MPQ VIDEO BLOGGER, ADAMPQ
    Quote:
    "D3 GO!: Hello, Adampq! Thank you for sitting down with us today and answering a few questions. All right, so when did you decide to fire up your YouTube channel dedicated to Marvel Puzzle Quest?

ADAMPQ: I wanted to start posting MPQ videos as soon as I discovered the game. Then I waited 90 days until I felt I had something to contribute…and a semi-respectable roster."

Just curious, how frequently are we going to see community spotlights?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Cymmina wrote:
    Just curious, how frequently are we going to see community spotlights?

No set schedule, but planning on a semi-regular basis. Players please feel free to PM me with suggestions.

Thanks!
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:

You're using a hacked/sandbox account with little to no relevance to what regular players will see or encounter.
  • notamutant
    SirLanik wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

You're using a hacked/sandbox account with little to no relevance to what regular players will see or encounter.

I am pretty sure that regular players want to know best builds to use for new 4 star characters and to see them in action. I know many people in my alliance spend money on the game, and it is helpful to know how to best cover before buying covers.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    SirLanik wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

I am pretty sure that regular players want to know best builds to use for new 4 star characters and to see them in action. I know many people in my alliance spend money on the game, and it is helpful to know how to best cover before buying covers.
    Maybe, just maybe, the devs do not want to encourage players to hack their accounts...
  • For anyone still reading this thread, I wanted to post my latest video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j9UXt5P25s

New video(s?) this weekend!

iso8.png adampq
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:

If I had the patience to watch thru MPQ videos, I would probably choose to watch yours. I, for one, would like to know best builds and see them in action, but I let others do it first, and then, I use their rosters and a bit of my own judgment based on the official stats, to decide what I want as a build. I don't like 4* covers going to waste, so I'd rather roster a dupe of a cover I don't want on my main character, rather than lose the cover in an eventual re-spec. Since the RNG of the LTs, is the main decider of what covers I have at my disposal, I have rostered a lot of 4* dupes.

Unfortunately for you, your videos are doing the job of informing people of best builds. That means that they'll build their optimal build the first time. I think Demiurge and D3 Go! would rather people spend money/HP buying covers and finding out they like another build, so they can spend more money/HP to re-spec. Demiurge is the same company that came to the conclusion that "the uncertainty of opening packs is part of what makes them fun!"
  • notamutant
    lukewin wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Unfortunately for you, your videos are doing the job of informing people of best builds. That means that they'll build their optimal build the first time. I think Demiurge and D3 Go! would rather people spend money/HP buying covers and finding out they like another build, so they can spend more money/HP to re-spec. Demiurge is the same company that came to the conclusion that "the uncertainty of opening packs is part of what makes them fun!"

Ha, I kind of thought about that in the past. When they release a bad new character, I also say not to bother with him, so that discourages people from spending money rostering that character or paying to fully cover. I can see how that would be going against their business strategy.