Request for a New 3* Character

ZootSax
ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Okay, I know that the game has moved beyond the 3* realm and 4* & 5*'s are where it's at now, but I have noticed one problem with the current number of 3*'s. Because of the way the Deadpool Daily rotates and because the total number of 3*'s is evenly divisible by 10, characters have the exact same DDQ event every time they cycle around--and will continue to do so for as long as DDQ is around. This means Iron Fist, Rocket & Groot, among others will always have ninjas. It also means that Deadpool will never again end a Big Enchilada with Beast/Invisible Woman/Storm (the event his original cover was won off of), which always seemed like an intentional joke, given those character's reputation, especially at the time.

Introducing a single new 3* would upset this current equilibrium and establish a more random-seeming rotation, as it was when DDQ first started. Is this really that important? No, but is one more 3* really too much to ask?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Another issue is that tokens lose value for people as they complete their 3* roster. I stopped opening tokens before the anniversary and have only opened anniversary and legendary tokens since....I have 18 PVP events, and the equivalent PVEs, worth of tokens just sitting. I have almost 100 Heroics....and if not for messing around and opening 200 Standards Id have close to 1k.

Tokens just arent worth opening when the ONLY useful things I can get are 4*s......Ill save them in case they do release a 3*, any quality 3*.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd definitely like to see a new *** character. I wouldn't mind one or two new ** or * either, simply because they alleviate the boredom of opening standard tokens. I had a lot of fun when * Spiderman was released, knowing that there was a new character I could have covered in a week or two, instead of a year. As always, the Roster Slot Cost Demon rears its head here, so I'm not sure what the easy solution is.
  • agree, there are many marvel character that yet make appearance into game and even better if the released 3* didn't messed with pve, which mean via off-season pvp while on-season run lol(hoping)

really excited if these hero added: doc strange, wonderman, war machine, dr voodoo, mockingbird. even 3* version nick fury(secret avenger) and elektra(ninja)
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of the "advantages" of Lazy/Silver characters is that the 2*'s are much easier to respec, so you can really play around with different builds to find out what you want. If nothing else, the more 1*, 2*, and even 3* characters that are available, the greater chance of encountering similar abilities at the lower levels to those of the newer strong 4* and 5* characters.

I certainly don't expect a resurrecting character at the lower tiers any time soon, but I could see room for a few "downscale" versions of abilities with some of the more "obscure" or rarer mechanics, like: Charged Tiles, Locked Tiles (arguably unnecessary since Bagman can teach locked tiles), One-Way switch (like Old Man Logan and X-23), Strongest Colour (Surgical Strike, CDFW), character owned tiles (Bad Reputation, Best There Is), etc. This would allow players to develop skills and understanding which they can take with them from one level of play to the next. It would also be nice to see some of these archetypes persist between tiers, for example:

Ares is still a 2* character which most newer players probably avoid, however he is technically training a base understanding of sacrificing health for damage (Sunder should be Black, btw) which we later see as important to understanding IMHB. Both characters also utilise an "overkill" attack which uses all AP of the given colour. So we've got the building blocks for a really nice progression, except that we're missing a 3* character to bridge the gap. The obvious suggestion would be to rework Sentry (again) to give him an Overkill attack - I'd probably suggest replacing World Rupture, since Green is quite hotly contested in the 3* tier, so you need to make sure that you want to drain all your Green AP rather than sharing it with a teammate.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Ugh, please no more threes. We need to continue to mass 4*'s so they can make it easier to get them. I'm sick to death of 3*s.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want two more three-stars, actually.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd even take no 3* if they just fixed the ones which are little (Spidey) or no (IM40) use. Though I would love a 3* Ben Reilly Scarlet Spidey
  • Quebbster
    I'd even take no 3* if they just fixed the ones which are little (Spidey) or no (IM40) use. Though I would love a 3* Ben Reilly Scarlet Spidey
    IM40 is quite good paired with Human Torch. Recharge gives Torch red and green AP to fuel his powers, and Iron Man tanks red so Torch takes less damage.
    He's definitely not a well-designed figure, but he does have uses.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    IM40 is quite good paired with Human Torch. Recharge gives Torch red and green AP to fuel his powers, and Iron Man tanks red so Torch takes less damage.

He does have his uses but he definitely needs to be re-worked. will never happen but it would be nice. I like the OP idea of a new one though, be nice to see some new charcters in all tiers with different mechanics like what they are doing with the 5* tier now.
  • Quebbster wrote:

Oh noes! You ruined a perfectly good character by adding 3 yellow covers to him!

I guess it's the only way to max him to 166, but ugh. Without a rework he'll never go over 2 yellow covers for me. There are tons of uses in getting 9 red and 9 blue ap for 8 yellow, especially when you can boost 2 of those yellow ap.

Lcap and im40 are SO good at board control, sustained damage and get there in 3-4 moves on an average board. My favorite for any scaled goon node
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

Oh noes! You ruined a perfectly good character by adding 3 yellow covers to him!

I guess it's the only way to max him to 166, but ugh. Without a rework he'll never go over 2 yellow covers for me. There are tons of uses in getting 9 red and 9 blue ap for 8 yellow, especially when you can boost 2 of those yellow ap.

Lcap and im40 are SO good at board control, sustained damage and get there in 3-4 moves on an average board. My favorite for any scaled goon node
    Eh, there's plenty of uses for the green AP too. I'm actually considering going up to 4 yellow (5/4/4 build probably) as purple AP is considerably more useful than it used to be now...
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    New 3 Stars would add to the 78 roster slots needed to hold every two star and up (minus Bag-Man and plus Juggs). I have 73. They cost 950HP and are already going to get worse. I cannot get behind that level anymore. Neither can I get behind new 2 stars.

I would give anything for new 1 star characters, at least 10 of them. Release them all in one package for the shock of it. They would be characters that I don't have to worry about rostering and NEW FREAKING ENEMIES!!! I'm so tired of the stupid Dark Avengers. Let's do the Sinister Six, The Cabal, Secret Wars, the Inhumans, Star Jammers, Hydra/SHIELD or even better Mojo. I would even take Secret Wars or maybe more appropriately, Civil War and do not care if they are 1 star experiences.

New Villains Please, pretty please with a cherry on top.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Lazy Moonstone is clearly what is missing in three star land... icon_razz.gif

But seriously, please buff Spidey. Make him feel and play like a new and fun (and strong-ish?) character.

P.S.
    I wouldn't mind if IM40 gets better too, but if not, it's not as big a deal since there's the HB version. Plus as he is, it requires you to have multiple versions of him for different tasks in PvE - just like in the movies... I have 1yellow (for working with Torch), 2yellow (for Cap and Thora) and 5yellow (awaiting for the fabled Rework icon_lol.gif ).
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please, no. I can't afford the roster slots, and don't have the ISO to level. Just fix the ones that suck likes IM40 and Spiderman.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I object. unless they slash roster slot costs (that will never happen), I don't want any more 3*s.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:

I often pair IM40 with Colossus and toss him--you have a 66% chance at a pretty good power kicking off, and at worse, he fires off his yellow.