Future Update

I dont know if i am just being crazy but wasnt there mention of changing what happens when for when you sell characters, or what you do with unused covers. I cant remember if it was just someone speculating about something that could be done or if one of the devs said something was coming in the future.

I kinda think it would be neat to have the option for iso or for it to go to a progress bar for command pts something like
5 4 stars sold = 1 command pt
10 or so 3 stars sold= 1 command pt
50-100 2 stars sold = 1 command pt
300-500 1 stars sold = 1 command pt

Just seeing if anybody remembers hearing about a change to the selling of covers or maybe comments on my proposal

Comments

• Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    This should be in the suggestions forum, but since it's here, I'll respond. The conversion rates seem overpriced at a glance.

5 4* covers for 1 CP works out to 125 4* covers for 25 CP (1 Legendary draw). Turning in 125 covers, even useless ones, still have an opportunity cost of 125,000 ISO. All that for the possibility of drawing one of the 125 covers you just turned in. It also doesn't jive with the value of grinding a PVE node 8-10 times for the CP there. I would think that an even trade 1 4* for 1 CP would be more fair, or even 1 4* cover for 2 or 3 CP. It would still take 25 or 13 or 9 4*s traded in to get a redraw.

The math for 3*s works similarly. At 10 3* per 1 CP, that's 250 3*s for 25 CP. That's still an opportunity cost of 125,000 ISO. Hard price to swallow, especially since you might just end up with a junk cover and have to sell it off.

50-100 2* for 1 CP= 1250-2500 2* for 25 CP. That's 312,500-625,000 ISO.

300-500 1* for 1 CP= 7500-12500 1* for 25 CP. That's 750,000-1,250,000 ISO.

Sorry if that came out a little harsh- I do like the idea. The point of my post is that the numbers/conversion rate would have to be revamped to make it worthwhile for players.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dont know if i am just being crazy but wasnt there mention of changing what happens when for when you sell characters, or what you do with unused covers. I cant remember if it was just someone speculating about something that could be done or if one of the devs said something was coming in the future.

I kinda think it would be neat to have the option for iso or for it to go to a progress bar for command pts something like
    5 4 stars sold = 1 command pt
    10 or so 3 stars sold= 1 command pt
    50-100 2 stars sold = 1 command pt
    300-500 1 stars sold = 1 command pt

Just seeing if anybody remembers hearing about a change to the selling of covers or maybe comments on my proposal

said something about selling covers for CP but it was messing up another part of an upcoming feature (who knows what it is) so it was dropped for the time being
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    not completely dropped, but moved - what the 'average' player would have gotten from cover sales was put into the daily resupply. according to ice.