Selling Surfer - SOLD

rossmon
rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I recently found a new-found love for PVP, and have been able to do well. (scored over 1k for several events in a row). During that time I pulled a blue surfer. I left it in q for the obligatory 2 weeks, and rostered him with 2 hours to expire. I refuse to use him in game out of principle. I shouldn't have a character with a level 2x the rest of my roster. And now PVP has become unplayable again. I'm struggling even to climb. I think I'm going to go ahead and sell him and hope for luck later, when I really want it. With so many top players hitting burnout and quitting, I don't want to see frustrations grow. I'll just sell him and go on enjoying the game.

Edit:
After re-reading this I realized it sounded a lot more down-hearted than I meant for it to. It was more a realization that I wasn't at that stage of the game. It was an moment of "I can't believe I'll throw this away when so many people are trying to get it." It came to light, more in PVP than PVE that it raised me to a level that I wasn't ready for it, due to the MMR. But: I held my breath and clicked sell, and after skipping 5 matches to clear my queue, and breathed a sigh of relief. The concern of having made the wrong decision was invalidated.
up until this point, I opened every legendary token hoping to not see purple, and when I did I was sad. Now, looking back, I'm not. Someday I'll be at a point where I want 5*s. Until then...

tl/dr; The surfer was a 2000 Iso Bag lady in disguise. Hey, game's still fun and I got more Iso selling him!

Mod Edit: OP asked me to add the edit in

Comments

• I'd like to add to this post today I sold the 2 star.pngstar.png 's I got from DDQ. icon_cool.gif
  • rossmon wrote:
    So, I recently found a new-found love for PVP, and have been able to do well. (scored over 1k for several events in a row). During that time I pulled a blue surfer. I left it in q for the obligatory 2 weeks, and rostered him with 2 hours to expire. I refuse to use him in game out of principle. I shouldn't have a character with a level 2x the rest of my roster. And now PVP has become unplayable again. I'm struggling even to climb. I think I'm going to go ahead and sell him and hope for luck later, when I really want it. With so many top players hitting burnout and quitting, I don't want to see frustrations grow. I'll just sell him and go on enjoying the game.

I did the exact same thing and haven't looked back since or regretted selling my surfer at all icon_e_smile.gif
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    So I took a couple screenshots of Surfer in my roster (with date and other identifiable properties). And I sold him. Went to PVP (where I'd been seeing a lot of 290/250/210 teams), skipped 5 unplayable matches, and all of a sudden I saw teams I could play again. I'm going to go climb to 800 now! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gificon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gificon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_smile.gificon_lol.gificon_e_wink.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to add to this post today I sold the 2 star.pngstar.png 's I got from DDQ. icon_cool.gif

I did the same today. icon_razz.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Players being forced to sell the games supposed "best" prize because simply having one makes the game's difficulty scaling break and become unplayable.........................

Working as intended, I guess...? icon_e_confused.gif
  • This might be the single most depressing yet completely understandable thread I have ever opened on this forum.

And D3 just put out another survey. I'm guessing that reading and responding to a few of the threads in their own forum would be helpful if they're honestly interested in feedback.

Never in my life have I played a game where you couldn't use better gear without risking making your whole game unplayable, let alone even possessing it, without actually using it.

DBC
  • "Then the universe exploded into existence, and the remnants of these systems were forged into concentrated ingots. Five Stars. These covers, it seems, can only be brandished by beings of extraordinary strength."
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thread seems to be going nowhere, if selling a cover depresses you, i suggest venting in the worst day thread linked below. Locking this thread, if you have any question, please PM me.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30058
This discussion has been closed.