Season XX observations

Omega Blacc
Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Season XX was my first full season in a Top 100 alliance. We smashed Galactus twice and I have benefited greatly from the hard play we put in. Shouts to my Lock & Load family.

Vision is now one of my favorite characters. His damage output can be extraordinary. I once chained Contract Killer into Heavy Density and then used Bullseye's green to cause a cascade worth 11-13K damage...of course they were buffed, but I already see potential in the combinations. Light Density is a life saver.

I've gotten more useful 4* from Heroic tokens than Legendary tokens. I think that's backwards. I've played too long and too hard to be rewarded with constant duplicates when there are literally about 100+ potential cards I need. Not cool. Especially when the drop rate for 4* on heroics is already stupid low. They aren't worth the time or effort I've personally put in. If I get a run of 5* maybe I'll feel different but right now it hasn't netted me anything but 1K Iso

Playing at a high level for a season has let me see the other side of gameplay. Pay to win is a reality. The HP needed and card rarity necessitate $$ to maintain.

I spoke months ago against exploits, meta game, and algorithm like play, but how elwe can we maintain an edge as players when everything is stacked against us. I've seen the light, and Winfinite etc. Has become my friend.

Lower level players...good luck and be patient. Find an alliance and ascend. The issues you think you have are minor right now. Wait til you reach the big leagues. Your songs will change.

Good hunting folks!

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Congrats on your successful season! I'm starting to really enjoy Vision, too. Not a perfect character, and not always a first choice... but fun, especially when boosted.

On a substantive level, though....
    Find an alliance and ascend.
    (emphasis added)
    And there's one of the problems with MPQ. There are 2000 players who have a different and easier progression path than the other [Xhundredthousand-2000] people who play it. And I think the t100 alliance rewards have, as a result of the changes in game structure and player base size, gone from "rewards for hard work" to "self-perpetuating class system", unfortunately....
  • Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Sorry for the horrible typos.

Was on my smartphone when I wrote that.

And yes! It has become a class system. This is part of the reason I looked for an Alliance in the first place. Even if you are free to play, you can maintain some sort of advantage over the larger player base.

You'll never beat the whales, or even worse...an alliance of whales.

More power to them. I'm content to drop $20 now and then to buy a 4* card and open a new slot. I've made peace with myself about all of this LOL