Iso-8 packages for $$$

Ruinate
Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Since the introduction of CP, I am a lot more aware of how often people purchase hero points. I have no data to back this up, but I am willing to bet that Iso-8 sales are nowhere close to HP sales. I am also willing to bet that there are people like me who would like to purchase Iso-8 if the Iso-8 per dollar ratio was any decent. Maybe D3 is happy with their Iso-8 sales, but they are missing out on potentially $200+ from me and I can't be the only one.

If I have no Iso, I don't need HP. If I have a lot of HP, I need even more Iso and no matter how desperate I feel, I will not purchase any Iso at it's current rate. Please adjust your packages and fix all other Iso-8 issues too icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    This is how feel about pretty much every thing they sell in the shop period.

I wish I could give these guys my money, but the value returned per dollar is so dismal, I can't rationalize buying anything whatsoever beyond the initial 20 bucks or so required to kickstart yourself with roster slots galore as a newbie.

Either they have data that proves my theory wrong, or maybe they will eventually fill that telemetry position and the marketing/data guy can facilitate some better changes to the way they monetize.

I think they are missing out on so many people who want to support their play with a more steady, but modest level of expenditure. They really only seem to be interested in whales.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    If you're desperate, you can always hand off your phone to someone to hit prologue for 20 isos a pop. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ruinate
    puppychow wrote:
    If you're desperate, you can always hand off your phone to someone to hit prologue for 20 isos a pop. icon_mrgreen.gif

Thank goodness for 20 iso right?
  • D3 set those prices to high, it's total robbery so, please guy's, keep your money, unless your a whale and like to waist it, leave it in your pocket... icon_e_wink.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

Thank goodness for 20 iso right?

Or you can just aim for the CP on the hardest node of any PVE...and end up with 20iso repeatedly.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    This is how feel about pretty much every thing they sell in the shop period.

I wish I could give these guys my money, but the value returned per dollar is so dismal, I can't rationalize buying anything whatsoever beyond the initial 20 bucks or so required to kickstart yourself with roster slots galore as a newbie.

Either they have data that proves my theory wrong, or maybe they will eventually fill that telemetry position and the marketing/data guy can facilitate some better changes to the way they monetize.

I think they are missing out on so many people who want to support their play with a more steady, but modest level of expenditure. They really only seem to be interested in whales.

if all your buying is slots all you need to spend is 20 bucks
  • I totally agree. I would spend money right now if the price/ amount was fair. I cannot justify it now the way it is. 78,000 for $100! That is basically 3 characters 16 higher levels each. I can't do it
  • Ruinate
    Devs have commented on this before, that iso is there for people who just HAVE to have it.

I have purchased iso twice, in very small amounts, to achieve a particular task in a pinch back when iso was rare. And it wasn't a LR day icon_lol.gif

Wait, technically I bought iso thrice. Steam DLC includes some iso ((Asgard + Rich Deposit) @ 67% off)

Iso is the governor on player progress. Control of it keeps the playerbase from overheating, from reaching the endgame too quick and burning out.

I also have spent money on Iso in the past. I took said Iso and bought standard tokens with them. /flex
  • Just compare the time required to earn the ISO for what you pay to HP. In a week I can earn 78k ISO, but to earn 20k HP (both sold for the same $100) would take months.

Pretty clear that the ISO is way overpriced.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    puppychow wrote:

Silver Surfer/OML/Iron Fist will make prologue matches really quick with match damage and the free attack tile if you're that bored icon_e_biggrin.gif