Playable *** Heroes?

Options
nihilium
nihilium Posts: 242
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I just got another hood cover (from a standart token, yeah) and im really wondering:
How many covers (and lvls) do I need to be actually able to use *** covers in the game (so that they actually end up being better than obw, wolverine etc)?

I mostly end up with 5 to 10 covers, but not always on the right skills). But when I try to use them... Well let's just say in most cases I switch back to a nerft not-max-lvl thor v.v

So what am I doing wrong? Do I need more covers? More levels? Do I need more of the dmg doing covers?
Any advice would be great icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• nihilium wrote:
    I just got another hood cover (from a standart token, yeah) and im really wondering:
    How many covers (and lvls) do I need to be actually able to use *** covers in the game (so that they actually end up being better than obw, wolverine etc)?

I mostly end up with 5 to 10 covers, but not always on the right skills). But when I try to use them... Well let's just say in most cases I switch back to a nerft not-max-lvl thor v.v

So what am I doing wrong? Do I need more covers? More levels? Do I need more of the dmg doing covers?
    Lvl 85 2* is roughly equvivalent to lvl 100 3*. No wonder your Thor is better.
  • The most common answer you'll get is that the 3*'s tend to be most useful at levels 95+. The way the scaling works is that an 85 3* has lower stats than an 85 2*. And most of their damaging abilities are weaker at that point as well. Once you get them to be a higher level, then the 3* characters really start to shine.

With that in mind, there are several utility 3* characters that you can use effectively at lower levels. My spidey is in his 50's, and my hulk and punisher are in their 70's. I use all 3 of them very regularly and to great effect. But their damage is still sub-par, they just make up for it in other ways.
  • nihilium wrote:

Depends on the hero. I would start using Spidey with 1/4/0. Hood is similar, only needs his blue to be effective. Magneto is playable with only a few points scattered throughout. Some heroes like Hulk and Patch are pretty bad until you get more covers; generally these are the damage-dealing heroes, or the ones who have great level 5 skills.

2* heroes have great viability, and are only a slight downgrade to maxed 3*s, so don't worry about it if you can only field some lv85's while collecting enough covers to create a 3* team. Throw your 3*s some ISO during boosted events, or save up ISO until you get a bunch of covers from a new event.
  • Another thing to factor in is that in certain events where they're boosted - the lightning rounds are the best example - the 3* covers can be very useful at a lower level than 2* ones. My ~65th level villains mop up in the villain rounds against maxed 2*s.
  • A significant number of the 3* guys need close to max covers to be effective, as the main incentive of the game for most people to max these guys out.

Hulk from 4 black to 5 black is enormous since it finally does damage (strike tiles anyone?)
    All of 3* Mag's abilities are at least twice as good, if not more, at rank 5 as opposed to even rank 3. RIP soon =/
    Hood needs 5 blue to be good, but 3 blue is probably in the usable range, other abilities kind of irrelevant except for leveling him
    We all know about spidey's blue. Going from 3 covers to 4 covers is crazy powerful, and from 4 to 5 even more so
    Black Widow GS is all about 5 green. Anything less is useless, which is kinda sad, but her pink has good value per cover, and maxes out VERY strong even if you just want her for that.

3* wolvie is pretty good value per level, except that 5th yellow which is extremely strong, but not even needed since his other 2 abilities are awesome too, which denotes a pretty well made and well balanced champ.

Daredevil, Loki, Doom, IM40, Punisher, Rags, these champs have pretty reasonable scaling as each ability/level is learned, but a lot of them don't surpass equivalent 2*s until close to maxed covers and levels over 90. You'll get there