Tinykitty? What's the story/legend?

MrMadeULook
MrMadeULook Posts: 73
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I see a lot of people in the forums mention "tinykitty." What's the story/legend behind this? Sorry for being a forum n00b lol

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you type a curse word it automatically gets replaced with "tinykitty."

As for why that word specifically, I haven't been around long enough to know.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jarvind wrote:
    If you type a curse word it automatically gets replaced with "tinykitty."

As for why that word specifically, I haven't been around long enough to know.
    The devs found it amusing. Think of another word for a miniscule feline...
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure of the exact origin, but it was used by a forum user in place of explicits, and eventually ended up being used as our go to filter word, so people just say that now instead. You'll even see it on Line.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I'm not sure of the exact origin, but it was used by a forum user in place of explicits, and eventually ended up being used as our go to filter word, so people just say that now instead. You'll even see it on Line.

There are a number of forum users, myself included, who have found they use it in their non-MPQ lives......people tend to look at me strangely when I say it. =)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legend has it that there was once a player who claimed their tiny little kitten could speak!

The playerbase asked him "OMG what does your cat say" and the player responded with numerous inappropriate words. This was because this tiny little kitten could only say curse words.

Apparently this kitten was hanging around the player's older brother, whom use to blow Marijuana smoke into the poor kitten's face and all of his friends would laugh and curse up a storm. Eventually the kitten learned all of these profound language of cursing and become to speak it.

Unfortunately this is all we know and we have not heard from this player since he was banned for inappropriate behavior on the forums. To honor him, the original playerbase used the term "tinykitten" whenever they wanted to curse. This is to remind the devs that we will never forget.

Live Long and Tinykitten!
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I though the legend was that Tinykitty had lasted for three whole rounds against Jamie Madrox before succumbing, leading Jamie to bellow "TINYKITTY!!!!!!" at the top of his lungs in anger.

Thereafter, not only was Tinykitty acknowledged as the second-greatest MPQ player in existence, but his name became a by-word for anger and profanity.
  • When the game first started, I am almost certain there was a seed team named "tinykitty" as well.