My opinion on command points

lymang
lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I am a 3 star player. I don't have every 3 star maxed, but I have a pretty decent sized roster of them maxed to 166 and a host more on the way. It's just a matter of ISO. I am also starting the crawl towards 4 star. I won't lie, I was disappointed with how the DDQ weekly 4 Star thing turned out, I feel that it was advertised as one thing and turned out to be another. I have managed to finish a handful of them, which I am happy about.

I don't really have enough time in my day to devote to the PVE Progression Legendary. It's just not reasonable - wife, dogs, stepsons, and full time job, not to mention a few other hobbies just make it unfeasible for me to achieve. I've come close, no doubt, and I have the roster for it, just not the time.

The introduction of Command Points is great, IMO. I am very happy to have the opportunity to get 2 a day from whatever nodes they're on in the PVE I'm working through. So far, I haven't missed one from the nodes. To me, command points lessen the sting of my disappointment with how the 4 star DDQ event usually is, and also lessen my annoyance and disappointment with myself that I can't possible devote the time for the PVE Progression token.

So I say to D3: thank you for the command points. yes, it takes a long time to get 25 (well, not my first 25, I already got those due to the bonuses for FB linking, buying HP, etc) but I'm at 18 for my second set of points.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have to agree with OP here.

I'm also liking that t100 is treated to a cp per sub as well. T100 doesn't require a massive grind or an extensive roster and is therefore achievable for all but the newest of players ( who don't need them anyway)

I think the CP prize structure has been nailed with PVE for the hunt now and should bee kept as it is.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm also liking that t100 is treated to a cp per sub as well. T100 doesn't require a massive grind or an extensive roster and is therefore achievable for all but the newest of players ( who don't need them anyway)

I think the CP prize structure has been nailed with PVE for the hunt now and should bee kept as it is.

I didn't notice... was it t100 for the first 1day sub too?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

No, just for the 48 hour Florida sub. 24 hour subs have command points for top 10 only.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

No, just for the 48 hour Florida sub. 24 hour subs have command points for top 10 only.

dont even add up 100 in 48 10 in 24. rewards should be doubled. I wonder if CP was to meant to be top 50
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    lymang wrote:
    I won't lie, I was disappointed with how the DDQ weekly 4 Star thing turned out, I feel that it was advertised as one thing and turned out to be another. I have managed to finish a handful of them, which I am happy about.

I don't really have enough time in my day to devote to the PVE Progression Legendary. It's just not reasonable - wife, dogs, stepsons, and full time job, not to mention a few other hobbies just make it unfeasible for me to achieve. I've come close, no doubt, and I have the roster for it, just not the time.

It's been D3's track record to advertise one thing and do another. Nothing different with weekly DDQ as far as I'm concerned.

As for pve, I think it is worthwhile to try to devote time to at least reach legendary progression. My token luck seems to run better with pve rewards (getting useful covers including 5*). For a 3* player, this is the best way to move into 4* land.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    lymang wrote:
    I won't lie, I was disappointed with how the DDQ weekly 4 Star thing turned out, I feel that it was advertised as one thing and turned out to be another. I have managed to finish a handful of them, which I am happy about.

It's been D3's track record to advertise one thing and do another. Nothing different with weekly DDQ as far as I'm concerned.

As for pve, I think it is worthwhile to try to devote time to at least reach legendary progression. My token luck seems to run better with pve rewards (getting useful covers including 5*). For a 3* player, this is the best way to move into 4* land.

same unless im hurting for the cover and have time... like hunt.. Been in top 10 up to the last day. one full clear should get me the token now do i take the rest of the time off and take top 50 easy (more like top20) or keep playing just for one GREEN THOR..