Wave 2 enemies attacking before wave 1 ends

Pogo
Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
Not sure if this issue is related to the broken sequence of Attack tiles, but I assume something has been changed in the way these things are triggered.

Doing the last multi-wave mission in the Growth Industry event. I brought Classic Magneto, Punisher, and loaner Ant-Man.
  • Beat my way through the first goon & Daken, and then finally kill the last goon in wave 1.
  • All 3 enemies are dead.
  • Supernova is suddenly cast out of nowhere.
  • Ant-Man and Punisher are immediately killed, and Magneto survives. All 3 enemies are still dead.
  • Now I get the notification that I've received the end-of-wave prize of zero points.
  • Wave 2 begins, Sentry and 2 goons appear.

Like I said, I don't know if this has anything to do with Attack tiles (there are 12 purple Attacks on the board due to the Pym Particles ability), but I haven't previously seen the opponent actually start firing abilities before they arrive in the fight.

Comments

• BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There have been a range of issues with wave transitions from the beginning. You'll frequently see the last enemy's picture change to one from the next wave during your final attack. Firing powers before the new team is displayed is also common, though it's only a display bug *unless* Sentry and his team took no damage from his Supernova.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    This is similar to how there's new timing with when attack tiles visibly "trigger." The enemies are actually there, but due to the timing of how you killed your enemy (usually with attack tiles), you're seeing their queued up skills before the game has cleared out the downed enemies.

TL;DR - no bug, timing is showing the abilities before you see the enemies, related to attack tile timing that is getting fixed patch after next.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SirLanik wrote:
    TL;DR - no bug, timing is showing the abilities before you see the enemies, related to attack tile timing that is getting fixed patch after next.
    Well, a bug, but only a display one. Nothing that affects the outcome of the match.
  • IF Supernova did infact harm Sentry's wave... which the OP has yet to confirm...
  • Hello everyone! I guess the problem I encountered can be somewhat close to the OP's one, though it refers not to the active but passive powers firing.

Today at DDQ 3* node I downed the last minion in the 1st wave with Shield Throw (3* cap). Somehow it triggered Energy Absorption from Cpt Marvel who appeared with the 2nd wave after the passive animation with no damage dealt to her but with 4 red AP which is exactly how much her passive generates. The 1st wave does not generate any red by itself IIRC and no countdown tile was fired to get a cascade to obtain this red.

If any passive can be triggered the same way it could potentially lead to some pretty unpleasant situations with guys like Thing, 4*pool, Hulk, 2*Storm. Also wonder if Carnage would react to it.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I experienced the same issue again, and I can confirm the the enemy is not taking any damage from the Supernova. I clicked the enemy team and all 3 members are still showing full health.

I have a Pym tile and 12 of the resulting Attack tiles on the board, and 16 Protect tiles.

I'm not certain, but it's definitely possible that the last enemy in wave 1 was killed by the Attack damage and not the match damage.
  • Well we've already been promised a fix to the attack tile damage for the next update. Hopefully that'll fix this too as they would appear to be linked.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    This issue long pre-dates the attack tile change. I would not anticipate seeing this fixed on the next patch.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smile_ wrote:
    Hello everyone! I guess the problem I encountered can be somewhat close to the OP's one, though it refers not to the active but passive powers firing.

Today at DDQ 3* node I downed the last minion in the 1st wave with Shield Throw (3* cap). Somehow it triggered Energy Absorption from Cpt Marvel who appeared with the 2nd wave after the passive animation with no damage dealt to her but with 4 red AP which is exactly how much her passive generates.
    Seconded. I saw the exact same thing when I played the Big Enchilada yesterday.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pogo wrote:
    I experienced the same issue again, and I can confirm the the enemy is not taking any damage from the Supernova. I clicked the enemy team and all 3 members are still showing full health.
    OK, I take it back -- it's more than just a display bug, in that case.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing in today's Big Enchilada, Sentry is in the last wave (4).

Wave 3 ended, and then while the characters were all dead, Sentry's Supernova went off damaging my team. When the 4th wave finally showed up, their health symbols glowed green as if they were being healed and they all then began the wave with FULL HEALTH.

It was the glowing green health bars that confused me the most... it was like they experienced the self damage before they came out, but is there some code in there that verifies that they are at full health when they come out at the start of a wave?

If my cascade damage doesn't carry over from one wave ending to the next wave starting... their attacks shouldn't carry over before they show up to actually cast them and take self damage.

This is a bug, I thought about opening a new thread specifically about this instance because it's bigger than "attacking before the wave begins" as we've seen in the comments on this thread.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came here to report this too, but for me it was Sacrifice and not Supernova. I wasn't paying attention to how much damage my attack tiles were doing so they downed the stunned Daken and then Sacrifice happens before the next team shows up and Sentry remained at full health once he finally arrived. I took a screenshot on my phone which I can add later, but sounds like there are other reports of this so it won't really be needed.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's annoying at best, kills your team at worst, and is a horrible bug that should be fixed.

But you can prevent it from happening at all if you off the last character with a power or match-5, which is the way I always play TBE and other multiple-wave nodes.