Time to Change Priorities

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
The devs stated a few months back that alot of features we want added and changed are considered low priority to them, even though we've been requesting them for the past two years.

One in particular is the Roster Reward screen. As great as the additional days to sell a cover was, it didn't really help much when you have over 100 covers sitting there. Now that we have 5 different tiers, there is no reason why we cannot sort them by tier and have a separate "Sell All 1/2/3/4* button". With all the 2* essentials, I would like to hang onto them as long as possible. I also just pulled SS but I'm not going to roster him yet (or at all) but I want to sell my 1*'s for Iso. In order do sell my 1*s I have to individually sell each cover. This is a very time consuming process and a pain to scroll up and down. This time could be better served playing the actual game.

The devs need to realize that the more time we spend wasting selling covers and holding down a button to level characters (another low priority issue), the less time we have playing the game. The more time we play means more healthpacks, boosts, and other items being used and purchased. Improving the Roster Reward screen could become more revenue for them, as well as simply making us happy. I was so glad to see they finally added a strongest color indicator so it's time to start fixing/improving these other very old features. We don't always need game altering changes such as Command Points, sometimes these little things are the ones that make players really happy.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    One in particular is the Roster Reward screen. As great as the additional days to sell a cover was, it didn't really help much when you have over 100 covers sitting there.
    I don't think the devs are going to spend time adding in features that make it easier for you not to buy roster spots. There's nothing in it for them, except less revenue from people who otherwise wouldn't have wanted to be bothered maintaining a stockpile of covers.
  • Punisher5784
    edited November 2015
    simonsez wrote:
    One in particular is the Roster Reward screen. As great as the additional days to sell a cover was, it didn't really help much when you have over 100 covers sitting there.
    I don't think the devs are going to spend time adding in features that make it easier for you not to buy roster spots. There's nothing in it for them, except less revenue from people who otherwise wouldn't have wanted to be bothered maintaining a stockpile of covers.

How does it decrease roster slots? This has nothing to do with sales, the devs just do not have time to their old mechanics.

It's more difficult to manage all of your covers under the current system. If I was able to properly sort and save the needed covers then more roster slots would be bought. Instead when the player needs the Iso, if it's a character they don't have but don't particular want to roster yet then they will "Sell All" or they have to waste time individually sell each cover.

Less time playing the game equals less sales.
  • simonsez
    How does it decrease roster slots?
    Instead of giving permanent spots to each character, you're keeping them in covers and rotating them in as needed for essentials. Why else would you be keeping 100+ covers at a time? Why not just sell or recruit as soon as you get them?
  • Punisher5784
    simonsez wrote:
    Instead of giving permanent spots to each character, you're keeping them in covers and rotating them in as needed for essentials. Why else would you be keeping 100+ covers at a time? Why not just sell or recruit as soon as you get them?

Players are rotating their 2* characters now with the current system, so what's the difference?
  • when quality of life issues like this come up does it seem like their dev team seems unusually small?
    that being said, they can not seem to even get the Ap to display on the same screen with out scrolling, what if they make it something not like we asked for and roll it out which makes both side upset? it seems we can't trust them to do simple things without altering them to the point of irritation.
  • simonsez
    Players are rotating their 2* characters now with the current system, so what's the difference?
    The difference is, if some, like you, think it's too much of a pain in the **** to bother, they'll go ahead and buy the roster spots.

Let me say this again: you are asking for a feature to facilitate you NOT spending HP. What's in it for the devs?
  • if they can't somehow earn more money from it, they will never update it
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    when opening tokens, instead of the giant "continue" button, they should implement a "keep" and "sell" button. of course, when you select the "sell" button for 3* and above, you'll get the "are you sure" prompt.
  • Punisher5784
    simonsez wrote:
    The difference is, if some, like you, think it's too much of a pain in the **** to bother, they'll go ahead and buy the roster spots.

Let me say this again: you are asking for a feature to facilitate you NOT spending HP. What's in it for the devs?

Are you really that content with the current system to defend the devs decision on such outdated mechanics?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

i had over 200 covers i think one time in my thing really not sure why i never sold them i usually just wait for 10 days and then just sell all to get a big ISO boost at once

Anyone who enjoys the game should not have to do rotating 2 stars in and out Just spend 50 bucks on the game and you will have enough roaster slots for years (if you PLay the game)

i spent 50 bucks on this game have 76 slots filled and have over 24,000 IN HP

now i have enough 50 i be happy to give this game IF they would give me a reason to spend it.

really right now nothing to spend HP for anymore....

SLOTS okay the playing will get me 2k a month easy so dont need to spend money to get slots...

COvers..sorry wont buy covers when you can now earn them. Now if they would drop the price of 4 star covers to say around 1250 and 3's to 750 maybe but wont spend 2500 HP for a cover i might get from a LG token.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

One thing that would rally make a difference is a new *****Victory***** screen. Because you know I never really paid attention to the first place one
  • xcience
    xcience Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    adding his feature has nothing to do with buying roster slots. it's simply a way to sell your 1 stars off that you're going to do anyway you're not going to buy thousand hero point roster slot for every character but the one star. if anything this is going to alleviate their customer service complaints about people accidentally selling the three stars or 4 stars or 5 stars or 12 stars whatever the hell they come up with.

+ 20 Thumbs up to the original poster.