Command Points and scaling

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't know if the "Ares" node in The Hunt - Florida is just a particularly nasty combination of characters or if adding a Command Point reward to the 'final' node of a sub induced the devs to also boost the scaling for those nodes (because Command Points should be a challenge to get, you see), but I am just getting destroyed by that node tonight. We're talking "focus on Ares first and Venom just spams his stun; focus on Venom first and Ares just Onslaughts everybody to death."

I was going to chase the Legendary token this event, but wiping three times on that node put paid to that idea. I like Command Points in theory. I'm not certain, long-term, it's going to be terribly enjoyable to smash my face against that wall over and over to get the one point per sub which isn't essential and, thus, theoretically regularly obtainable.

I mean, that's separate from the complaint raised about getting 20 ISO multiple times after the first reward while chasing the Command Point.

Someone tell me that this is just a particularly nasty combo they're throwing at me here and this isn't what I have to look forward to. I'm already kind of down after what happened to me in the shield sim last night; I'd prefer not to have additional pilings-on.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I struggled too - I don't think I ever wiped, but I lost many characters and finished multiple nodes with one character barely left. I think I'm finally seeing what SS and OML do to your scaling. this one is made even worse with jean boosted and no really good 3*s boosted (its torch and nobody really). and it will only get worse as she climbs the levels ladder. really wish they would figure out how to lessen the impact of useless 5*s. that has to be hard because if I had one more cover (healing covers) for each of them, they would be tons more useful than they are now.
  • DFiPL
    What finally did the trick for me was Colossus in the middle, Magneto on the left wing and Hawkeye on the right wing. I'd tried basically every other combination and just gotten eaten for lunch. I finally went "well I wonder if I can proc Speed Shot once or twice and see if that works."

Brother did it ever.

My reward? The CP. If I'm gonna wipe multiple times, you damn well BETTER give me the CP when I finally git 'r dun. icon_lol.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    That's a tough node - especially in 2* land.

I wiped a few times with maxed Black Panther, Iron Fist and CMags after some truly unbelievable cascades and ap generation for the ai and eventually just resorted to winfinite to get it done.

Less than perfect clear on that one node shouldn't rob you of chance for legendary token though - just do the basics of 8 hour clears and hard grind on the other nodes and you should get it easily
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    That node is always nasty.
    Fortunately my first two clears gave me the two command points, so I don't have to touch it again now.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Completed it 9 times wiped on it over 20 still no cp. Lucky for me I can't do growth industry and the pvp has nothing interesting for me so I can use all my health packs in this
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Mine is 250+ and my 166 switch, cyclops, IF are having an easy time of it.
  • DFiPL
    Well, maybe just disregard the CP and play the PVP as you otherwise would have?

If you cleared it 3 or 4 times on your way to the Legendary, if that was your goal, and didn't get the 250iso or the 500iso, would you go back and grind the heck out of the node until they popped out?

You misunderstood. I didn't grind it. I wiped several times before finally completing it. If I have that much trouble completing it that makes it harder to get the clears I need in around work.
  • I hate this node. Mine is "only" around level 180, but still terrible. Got wiped few times. 1 CP still left. My best team was Jean (as she is boosted and I get some covers) , SheHulk and Black Widow 3*. Strange combo but it worked, don't ask me why/ how..
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you've been playing PVE harder recently, for placements (just had a new character release...) or chasing the legendaries, your scaling may be on the uptick.

Also, Florida is a 48hr sub. Longer sub, more passes, more chances to drive your scaling up before the sub ends.

I still have a clear and the grind left, and that node is already up to 319 for me. Yay.

Always hit the essentials last. It helps a bit.

I tend to find the levels go up when I make a clear of the essentials. Though clearing the hard nodes also make essentials go up. But essentials start lower, so it's not as painful when they get scaled up.

That said, with no interest in placement, I've been just clearing in whatever order.
  • DFiPL
    Yeah, I don't care about placement. I'm just trying to earn enough points to get the legendary. Not sure I'm going to get there, but I'll give it the ol' college try.