The Seven (Emotional) Stages of PvE

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I've started to notice a trend of emotions that I go through every time a new PvE launches lately:

1. Hope - "Oh wow, a new PvE event! Finally! This is gonna be awesome sauce!"

2. Bargaining - "Look, a new character! I want that so badly! I just need to play discreetly at work at 3PM and wake up at 3AM to get optimal points..."

3. Shock or Disbelief - "It looks like they may have fixed a lot of their issues! Look, 5000 ISOs! The enemies are beatable! This could actually be fun."

4. Denial - "Wait, did they all jump up to lv. 200+? No, they can't possibly expect me to take on 10K health enemies with my damage output being 120 a shot, right? And why would they force me to put someone like Loki or IW in my team??"

5. Anger - "Friggin' OHKO Mags Translocation! Argh, Devil Dinosaur bite! Death by Doom's Demons!"

6. Depression - "Oh my god... It's day 5... Stun locking is such a boring grind... but don't... have a chance otherwise... Eyes and fingers hurt... Need... sleep..."

7. Guilt - "Why am I so addicted to this game?? Why do they need to make it so painful?? Why do I put myself through all of this?"

In all honesty, I think the devs are doing a really good job trying to improve the game, even if I don't agree with all their changes. I just wish I had discovered this game after all these growing pains... I mean, if I had just started playing two weeks ago, I would have had a few easy Daredevils from the last PvE. icon_razz.gif

Comments