Who wants to be a Whale? Poll

2»

Comments

• Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I want to support the game, since I like it. I'm even fine with paying more than a triple-A game, because the amount of enjoyment and amount of time the game has occupied for me are both very large.

The prices that they have in the game have always left me feeling more like I'm being extorted and less like I'm happily supporting the developer.

The fact that some people can now pay thousands of dollars to have an I-Win button comes close to sickening me.

Edit:

Actually, the come to think of it, the thing that's even more sickening is that someone might pay thousands of dollars and STILL not get that I-Win button because they had bad luck.
  • Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    My definition of a whale (or whaling) is purchasing the required 8-10 covers of a new character immediately after obtaining the 1st three covers from release events. Then spending the iso to get them to at least lvl 250 (boosted to 325 first two weeks of release).

Super whales are buying packs for legendary tokes and to not even play PVE to get the 1st 3 covers required to buy the remaining directly via HP.

I would like to whale new characters (that are top tier) but at AU$160 for a stark I can't justify the cost. I have, and will in future, buy the last 3-4 covers, but that ain't whaling.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    If money wasn't a factor, I'd whale every character, have multiple builds of different characters and buy healthpacks like there was no tomorrow. My fun would be derived from playing the game with the characters. I wouldn't need progressions as a reward, becuase I would just buy tokens and then covers and ISO until I'd have them leveled. I would probably continue to play to help out my alliances, get scores so that they could reap some benefits from my playing and I'd inject a bunch of points into the pvp pool while setting up cupcake teams for people to feed off of.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rather be a hamster.

Really though 6 months ago i could see spending 100 or 200 bucks jacking up my 4 stars, BUT now that you can earn 3 to 4 4 stars ever month for free i dont really see a reason to do it...

I do have at least 50 bucks sitting here for D3 they just have to show me something to earn it. like maybe a crafting system or Ranked touraments