Cyclops and crit tiles

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
So I just fought a match in the S.H.I.E.L.D. sim. Thor dropped Thunder Strike, spawned a crit tile, dropped Call the Storm, killed one of my characters. Cyclops used Full Blast, stunned his own ****, killed another. Thor made a match, Cyclops unstunned and Optic Blasted my remaining character.

Is...is that "working as intended"? an "extra move" from a crit tile spawned BEFORE the self-stun unstuns him?

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    To make sure it's clear because people are bound to come to with theories: stun countdown occurs at the start of turn, of which you only get one each turn.

In this case, it sounds like a bug which you should report.

What's more interesting is why did this happen? I haven't heard of this bug happening before, so what code changes have been made recently surrounding either stuns or start/end of turn? And why?

Are we going to see a character that interacts with one of these mechanics? We already know Definitely Not Ghost Rider's abilities (which probably have their own problems) don't manipulate stuns or turn phases, so maybe Totally Awesome Hulk?
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    So I just fought a match in the S.H.I.E.L.D. sim. Thor dropped Thunder Strike, spawned a crit tile, dropped Call the Storm, killed one of my characters. Cyclops used Full Blast, stunned his own ****, killed another. Thor made a match, Cyclops unstunned and Optic Blasted my remaining character.

Is...is that "working as intended"? an "extra move" from a crit tile spawned BEFORE the self-stun unstuns him?
    The exact order that this happened in is important. Did Cyclops recover from stun before or after Thor made a match? His 1-turn stun includes the current turn since that's when it began, so he is good to go after one match. This only prevents him from using more powers immediately after full blast. If a match-5 immediately unstuns Cyclops, that sounds unintended.
  • If Thor making a match was the end of their turn, then NEXT turn Cyclops optic blasted you, then that is correct, as it was only a 1 turn stun.

The way you've written it suggests he carried on using powers after he had had a go and made a match, which shouldn't be possible unless you are stunned too.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

My question is how did you allow Thor to use Thunder Strike, Call the Storm AND Cyclops to use Full Blast and Optic Blasts in two turns?! That's a lot of AP in four different colors you allowed the CPU to gather.