Anybody using Simulator Highly Trained Tokens???

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Title says it all, anybody using the tokens? I was thinking of just saving them all and just using the Heroics after the event is over. Anybody get anything good?

I say this, but these tokens or the heroics will probably just give you a blue Cap anyways....

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Title says it all, anybody using the tokens? I was thinking of just saving them all and just using the Heroics after the event is over. Anybody get anything good?

I say this, but these tokens or the heroics will probably just give you a blue Cap anyways....

Event tokens DEFINITELY turn into heroics, right? I don't think I need a single cover that this tournament offers in its tokens, but I could use 2** Wolvie/Thor/etc
  • Title says it all, anybody using the tokens? I was thinking of just saving them all and just using the Heroics after the event is over. Anybody get anything good?

I got 5 Cap tokens outta it lol i wont complain as i needed them
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I used the two tokens from the progression rewards. Got a 2* storm and red Hulk. Needed both so i'm happy.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Event tokens DEFINITELY turn into heroics, right? I don't think I need a single cover that this tournament offers in its tokens, but I could use 2** Wolvie/Thor/etc
    This has always been the case in the past, but occasionally they goof and they turn into standard tokens. Usually support will help you out if that's the case.

That being said, these tokens' contents are confusing. They say they contain a powered-up hero, but the original description on the event said that there would be a different 3* hero buffed every day, which would imply that you could get any 3* character from the tokens. Don't know if that's the case, but already there have been people reporting Magneto classic and Hulk, so there's definitely more than just Ragnarok/Loki/IM40.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought a 10 pack yesterday, since I needed covers for all the 3* + Moonstone and Cap. I had assumed that the tokens contained the powered-up heroes.

I got:

1x Loki (guaranteed)
    1x Doctor Doom
    1x Hulk
    3x Moonstone
    2x Storm
    1x Daken

The Doom and Hulk tokens completely took me by surprise. Happily, I wasn't capped on either of them, so that was some useful covers.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I bought a 10 pack yesterday, since I needed covers for all the 3* + Moonstone and Cap. I had assumed that the tokens contained the powered-up heroes.

I got:

1x Loki (guaranteed)
    1x Doctor Doom
    1x Hulk
    3x Moonstone
    2x Storm
    1x Daken

The Doom and Hulk tokens completely took me by surprise. Happily, I wasn't capped on either of them, so that was some useful covers.

I think Hulk was powered up at one point. Perhaps the powered up heroes refers to the entire list of heroes that will be rotated to the buff status.
  • Hulk was definitely powered-up for me in Simulator Basics, despite not being powered-up in The Simulator.
  • Hulk was buffed for the initial fights which leads me to suspect after these subs end, we'll get a different character from loki seeing as the highly traind cards say they're ending in a little over a day and the event will continue for 8 1/2 more days.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I think Hulk was powered up at one point. Perhaps the powered up heroes refers to the entire list of heroes that will be rotated to the buff status.
    Correct. Hulk, Doctor Doom, and Magneto (Classic) will be featured in other Simulator rounds.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Correct. Hulk, Doctor Doom, and Magneto (Classic) will be featured in other Simulator rounds.

Sweet! Can't wait to bring out my 105 doom buffed up and ready to steamroll!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just used my 2x Sim tokens because of this thread

1x X-force Wolvie! (green icon_e_sad.gif)
    1x Moonstone

between hulk, mags, and **** wolvie, I guess i'll be pushing harder for first place in my brackets
  • Puritas wrote:
    Just used my 2x Sim tokens because of this thread

1x X-force Wolvie! (green icon_e_sad.gif)
    1x Moonstone

between hulk, mags, and **** wolvie, I guess i'll be pushing harder for first place in my brackets

Good one. Got a Daken on my first, will hopefully get a good one on the second.

Got a purple Loki on a standard today, so my luck may be over
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I wondered about Magneto after pulling him from one of the Highly Trained tokens. Good timing too; in the last two days I was lucky enough to pull 3, bringing me to 4 covers.
  • Just used my token and got a Black Hulk.....TOTALLY happy with that icon_e_smile.gif
  • This is kind of handy, lets us know where to put ISO dregs if we're bad at stockpiling.

I've used the free ones because I still need C.Storms, among other things. I've binned enough greens to open a C.Storm green store all of my own, but never see her blue or yellow. Got a Captain America, which was nice. I'm half considering building one at 3/5/5, so I did actually use it for once.
  • Got a Cap... icon_cry.gif
  • Yes and guess what I got..........another freaking Captain America.
    8 out of 10 special tokens gives me a cover for that guy, so tired of it.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    A captain v.v
    Anyone wanna trade for a moonstone ? XD
  • I've been pretty happy with the Highly Trained tokens so far. I picked up a couple of the 10x packs (yay tax returns!) and have received Hulks, red Moonstones, Mags, and enough C.Storms and Caps to redo those two since my original distributions were before I found the forums and had an idea of how to plan them out. Actually, the bottom half of my roster currently is all covers I'm redoing.

Now, PLEASE fix the game and don't make me regret these purchases >.>