8 PM EST PVE Time Slice

Mercurywolf
Mercurywolf Posts: 60
I currently play on an Android Mobile Device.

Being honest, I am not sure how Time Zones affect the ending times of Time Slices, but the ending times I see are as follows in an EST Time Zone: 7 am, 12 pm, 5 pm, 11 pm, 2 am.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add either a 8 pm time slice or modifying either the 5 pm or 11 pm so that it ends around 8 pm EST.

I can't speak for everyone that works first shift in an EST Time Zone, but I can speak for the 5 or so of my friends who play, it is fairly hard if we want to perform 2-3 optimal clears without staying up fairly late at night, or getting up an extra hour or so before work.

I am basing this suggestion on a 7-4, or 8-5 style job. Putting in an 8 pm Time Slice would at least make it somewhat easier for an EST Time zone player to get 2 to 3 optimal clears. But that's my two cents.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually, a 9pm EST would be amazing.. i have a long commute, so in bed by 10pm. and up a little before 6.. can't start my ddq until 6... so a pve clear before my hour+ drive (will let health packs regen) would rock.
  • Cunneryn
    Cunneryn Posts: 112
    There was one not so long ago (I use to chose that slice), but for some reason after the time change, the slice disapearded :/
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 or 9 PM ET would be awesome.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a similar issue, though I am on European time. Slice 2 ends at 6 PM, right after work, so I have no time to grind. Slice 3 ends at 11PM, and that's a bit later than I care to be awake. Would love a slice that ends at 9 or 10 PM CET.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lets do the extreme and just create 12 slices for each hour. Each slice as it stands now, gets filled multiple times already anyway (except for slice 4?). Spreading it out every hour will just give the same results (without having to wait for info of when a bracket gets filled the nth time).
  • Green83
    Green83 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    I have a similar issue, though I am on European time. Slice 2 ends at 6 PM, right after work, so I have no time to grind. Slice 3 ends at 11PM, and that's a bit later than I care to be awake. Would love a slice that ends at 9 or 10 PM CET.

As a fellow European I was thinking the same, it's just not possible to do the clears at the current timeframe, which leads to half clears either at night or skipping a reset altogether.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Lets do the extreme and just create 12 slices for each hour. Each slice as it stands now, gets filled multiple times already anyway (except for slice 4?). Spreading it out every hour will just give the same results (without having to wait for info of when a bracket gets filled the nth time).
    Leaderboards fill repeatedly, so there one first place out of every 500 players, but all the players in a time slice are available for matches. You're not limited to the 499 players on the same scoreboard as you.

Edited to add: sorry, I thought we were discussing PvP slices.