• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Hunt: Savage

The Savage Land: 33/34/34 on both.

Venom: 33/34/34 on both.
    Venom II: 43/43/43 on both.
    Venom III: 55/55/55 on both.

Bullseye: 137/138/138 on both; "Easy" on mobile, "Normal" on Steam.
    Bullseye II: 158/159/158 on both.
    Bullseye III: 168x3 on Steam; still working on beating Bullseye II on mobile.

The Plan: 88/89/88 on both.
    Devil Dinosaur: 30/40/30 on both.

Hawkeye essential: 103/104/103 on both.

Beast essential: 103/104/103 on both.

Jean Grey essential: 96/97/96 on Steam; 112/133/133 on mobile.

As far as I can tell, that's all the nodes in this sub (save Bullseye III; I'll update mobile if I beat Bullseye II).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    during the florida grind my levels on the last node (ares) went higher than I've ever had character team (non-goon) levels go before. beginning of the grind they were in the 320-340 range and my boosted jean/hb/hood barely downed one. px/witch/gsbw was my only option and they ground it down pretty well - down to 100 or so on 2 health packs. ended at level 360. if that's my only way to grind nodes, pve is going to cease to be fun. I used to really enjoy using 25+ characters to do a clear. its getting harder and harder to do that. but I've also had ss and oml on my roster for a month now. my only leveling activity recently at the top was leveling jean to 220. that may have influenced levels more than normal on this one since she got the big boost.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Thanks for the reporting, ya'll.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mikey Boy wrote:
    Watching this with interest, as I'm at the 3* level (several characters at L166), and have just got my first 5* cover from a Legendary. I guess I have 2 weeks to make a decision on whether to keep or sell him.

if you have people over 120 a 5 star will not hurt you that much its the 2 or 3 5 stars that will kill you. Never though about what might happen if i got a 2nd 5 star, now hearing the horror stories it might be awhile before i open up any more LG..

I say

1 5 star Try to have at least half or 75% of all your covers to 120 +
    2 5 stars your going to have to have all of your covers Min 166 and some mid 4 stars
    3 5 stars Max 4 stars
  • slidecage wrote:
    if you have people over 120 a 5 star will not hurt you that much its the 2 or 3 5 stars that will kill you. Never though about what might happen if i got a 2nd 5 star, now hearing the horror stories it might be awhile before i open up any more LG..

I say

1 5 star Try to have at least half or 75% of all your covers to 120 +
    2 5 stars your going to have to have all of your covers Min 166 and some mid 4 stars
    3 5 stars Max 4 stars

^This,^ at least from my experience.

My first 5* made things "interesting" for my 130s.

PvE essentials were a bit harder, "Easy" nodes not easy, "Normal" modes doable, but painful (like, 3 guaranteed HPs painful), had to skip TONS of fights in PvP, but not unmanageable.

The second 5*? In the immortal words of Bill Paxton, "Game over, man!"

DBC
  • Mikey Boy
    Mikey Boy Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well, I'm thinking that my OML over might just have to turn into 2000 Iso for now...
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So my roster can be seen below, I have a mostly 120, with a few 140s almost fully covered 3* roster. I had surfer for about a day and a half. PVE was playable, PVP was not. I never used surfer in a match in either. I sold him and am having fun again. If I think of it as a duplicate 4* token with double ISO rewards, I'm not sad in the least. I'll get more down the road when I'm ready.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Been a little silent, I know, but I had less than zero interest in playing the Juggernaut Heroic. Especially for a test involving "how badly will a 5* screw your scaling?"

I'm a scientist, but I'm not masochistic.

I'll probably play the next Heroic since it won't be quite so Juggernaut-heavy, see what my rosters look like.

The Ghost Rider event, of course.

Then I'm thinking my next step should be to +5 my Steam levels to see if that creates any separation or if I'm still seeing (effectively) the same scaling at 120 w/ no 5* as I do at 104 w/ 1 5*.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Been a little silent, I know, but I had less than zero interest in playing the Juggernaut Heroic. Especially for a test involving "how badly will a 5* screw your scaling?"

I'll probably play the next Heroic since it won't be quite so Juggernaut-heavy, see what my rosters look like.

Then I'm thinking my next step should be to +5 my Steam levels to see if that creates any separation or if I'm still seeing (effectively) the same scaling at 120 w/ no 5* as I do at 104 w/ 1 5*.
    5*s weren't included in the available roster, Scaling wouldn't have seen them
  • DFiPL
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

5*s weren't included in the available roster, Scaling wouldn't have seen them

Which just means that playing would have been both masochistic AND a waste of time. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rostered a Phoenix before gauntlet making my top 3 average with surfer 226. Gauntlet sub 1 felt slightly harder, hitting the wall in sub 2 was definitely earlier and of course sub 3 had lvl 395 much sooner. In fact I don't remember having to fight 395s in the last gauntlet. I didn't have either 5* back then. Soft capped roster at 166.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Main:

Investigating Osborn: 33/34/34 on both
    Daken: 43x3 on both
    Rocket Men (loaner): 80x3 on both
    Runaway: 55x3 on both

Sub 1:

Secure Perimeter: 33/34/34 on both
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Research: 43x3 on both
    ISO-8 Underground: 55x3 on both

Freedom of the Press: 126/127/127 on mobile; 162/162/162 on Steam. First time in this experiment I've seen Steam have a stronger node than mobile has, I believe.
    Smash and Grab: 135x3 on mobile; 168x3 on Steam.
    Rampage: 156/157/157 on mobile; 189x3 on Steam.

Wolverine essential: 123x3 on Steam; 102/103/103 on mobile
    Professor X essential: 112/113/112 on Steam; 98/99/99 on mobile
    Thor essential: 116/117/116 on Steam; 102/103/103 on mobile

So on the second tier of fights and on the essentials, Steam is scaled higher than mobile. Of course, OML is locked out on mobile, so MPQ is likely ignoring it for the purposes of scaling since this is an Heroic event. Will have to see what happens this weekend with Heart of Darkness.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Main:

Swords to Plowshares: 69/70/70 on both
    The Big Bang: 112x3 on mobile, 138/139/138 on Steam
    Ghosts of Russia's Past: 88/89/88 on both

Sub 2:

Knock Knock: 33/34/34 on both
    Best Friends Forever: 43x3 on both
    What's in the Box: 55x3 on both

Quinjet Prototype: 126/127/127 on mobile, 149/150/149 on Steam (and both of those were higher before I finished What's in the Box. Weird.)
    Enhanced Interrogation: 135x on mobile, 168x3 on Steam
    Overwatch: 156/157/157 on mobile, 189x3 on Steam

Wolverine essential: 104x3 on mobile, 120x3 on Steam
    Professor X essential: 96/97/96 on mobile, 110x3 on Steam
    Thor essential: 100/101/101 on mobile, 114/115/114 on Steam
  • DFiPL
    Options
    The new PVE!

Main:

Three in the Hand: 43x3 on both

Unholy Alliance:

Unpleasant Surprises: 100x3 on both
    Tracking the Source: 43x3 on both
    Tempting Fate: 55x3 on both
    Full House: 25-55 level range on both
    Run from the Rider: 145/146/146 on both; listed as Easy on mobile and Normal on Steam
    Hand in Hand: 87-98 on Steam, 87-110 on mobile. So we're back to the "mobile starts to get a little bit tougher" dynamic now that rosters aren't locked.
    Target-Rich Environment: 175/176/176 on both

Not sure if mobile can handle that one, so after I clear it on Steam I'll compare the essentials (I don't HAVE 2 of the 3 essentials on mobile anyhow).
  • DFiPL
    Options
    OBW essential: 117x3 on mobile, 100/101/100 on Steam

Wolverine (4) essential: 120/121/120 on mobile, 103/104/103 on Steam

Daredevil essential: level range 100-113 on mobile, 96-101 on Steam

Interesting.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I posted this in another thread too, but it's applicable here, so;

For posterity's sake, my scaling in the current PvE, with one maxed 3*, a couple more close to max 3*s, and two single cover 5* characters is as followed;
    • Daredevil Essential: 112-177 (wave node).
    • X-Force Essential: 133.
    • Black Widow: 137.
    • Final Node Day Two: 156-179.

Not too unusual for me -- if anything, I noticed more of a dramatic uptick in scaling after leveling up my 3*s than anything I noticed attaining my 5* covers.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Well, that makes sense, if scaling is based on the top handful of characters. Your 255 (or 270 or whatever) is going to be static on your 5*. If you take some 3* from 104 to 166, that's a boost to your average level of about 40 levels.

I stopped tracking the scaling differential because at this point it looks like adding the 5* to my mobile roster gives me scaling roughly equivalent to that of my slightly more developed Steam roster. That's been the pattern the last couple of events. There's a difference, and it's a difference that would make it difficult for me to aim for placement rewards in PVE if I played my mobile account more heavily, but it's not so great a difference that I can't play at all.

Now, that said, I haven't looked at PVP yet (and probably won't until next season), so that's an unanswered question as yet. I PVP even more infrequently on mobile than I do on Steam, so I'll be curious to see if I end up in a n00b bracket or not once mobile dips those toes in.