draw rate reduction?

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
maybe i'm just going through a horrible stretch, but i used to get 1-5, 3* covers from standards in a week. i haven't gotten one in a few months.

event tokens are a total write-off. haven't gotten a 3* or better in months.

heroics have been a bit better, but my last 3 10 packs have resulted in 2 usable and 3 non usable 3*and 1, 4*

did they reduce draw rates or am i just getting the short end of the stick here?

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNG results in runs. I've had stretches where I've opened 120 standards and been rewarded with 10 2* and 0 3* for my sins, and I've had stretches where I've opened 120 standards and gotten 11 3* and 8 2*.

(I've noticed anecdotally that I tend to get about 2/12 2*+ from standards, which is why I open them in multiples of 12.)

It's been a little dry on standards for me lately, but that said I need so few 3* covers at the moment that I haven't gone fishing much either.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dipped into my standard stash and opened 15, results:
    1*
    Spiderman - 4
    Yelena - 3
    Storm - 1
    Juggernaut - 4
    IM35 - 1
    Hawkeye - 1

2*
    OBW - 1
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    It sounds like you're a streaky puller, like me. I've had runs where I was getting a gold or more per day. And then flip a switch and go on a cold, cold streak. It happens. icon_cool.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    It's RNGesus "smiling" upon you.

I've actually opened more 3*s from standard tokens this week then I have from Heroics and Event tokens. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing about random number generators is it's impossible for you on a personal scale to judge percentages.

lets take he .03 for singular 4 stars.

Thats not a guarantee you personally will get .03%. Thats what the VAULT guarentees.

A pack guarantees that of all other players drawing, the average will hit .03%. Some players can get 0% and some as high as maybe 10-20% and still manage to have a .03% average.

I notice tons of post take into account personal averages, but only the vault holds a personal average, every other thing in game operates on static unchanging odds, that average the whole playerbase, which i'm assuming is at least in the upper hundred thousands.
  • Mirroring both Puppychow & Madok, I've noticed that I'm pretty streaky, and for whatever reason, I always seem to do better with Standards than Heroics, event or otherwise.

I'm in a cold spell right now, batting zero in weeks of Standards & Heroics, and considering my (and my alliance's) activity in both PvP and PvE as of late, that's one heck of a downturn luck-wise.

I've said it what feels like a million times, but when the odds are as bad as they are to start, it's not difficult to feel like you're not doing well with your pulls. One Gold can feel like a million at times, and a million 1*s and 2*s can feel like, well, a million 1*s and 2*s.

DBC
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    probably just coincidence, but whenever i post about terrible pulls, i seem to get something useful afterwards. grabbed a yellow cage from last prodigal token.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Decided to open 9 legendary tokens that I was hoarding, and purchased 2 more via Command Points. So out of 11 pulls:

Keepers:
    icon_silversurfer.pngblueflag.png (from a CP earned from Prodigal Sun event icon_mrgreen.gif )
    icon_antman.pngblueflag.png x2
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_deadpool.pngpurpleflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.pngblueflag.png

And sold for iso:
    icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png (of course! I get an IW icon_lol.gif )
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png
    icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_thing.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_elektra.pngredflag.png
  • jredd wrote:
    probably just coincidence, but whenever i post about terrible pulls, i seem to get something useful afterwards. grabbed a yellow cage from last prodigal token.

No sooner had I posted this then saw my first Gold in a minute, icon_gamora.pngblackflag.png , so I think you might be on to something…

I'm going to post a "token odds stink" thread every single day! icon_lol.gif

J/K icon_e_wink.gif

DBC