Where Is The Transition Love? (or Do Not Taunt HappyFunBall)

DaveR4470
DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
I'm not normally one to moan and groan over MPQ decisions.... but I'm going to moan and groan for a bit here.

We, the 3*-4* transition player base, have been promised game changes to improve the transition and make it more straightforward and more achievable. Great! Sounds like a plan! So how's that going?

ACTION: There's going to be a new super-node in DDQ that will give out a new legendary token, that will be nothing but 4* covers and new 5* covers! This will occur once per DDQ cycle!

RESPONSE: YAY!!!! It's a DDQ equivalent for 3-4 transitioners, but at a slower gain rate!

REALITY: BZZZT! Nope. It's a 4-5 transition aid, so we're going to gate the node to only be conquerable by established 4* rosters.
ACTION: There's this new thing calle Command Points! You can earn them through PvP, PvE, and DDQ! Collect 25 and you can buy a Legendary Token, and get a 4* cover!

RESPONSE: YAY!!!!! I can get a point a day from DDQ, and know that I'll get a 4* cover (or better!) at least once every 25 days! And as my roster improves, I'll do better at PvP and PvE, and get to those 4* DDQ nodes, and... this is it! The clear pathway!

REALITY: BZZZT! Nope. The DDQ awards were a one cycle special. Otherwise, you have to grind the one node in PvE that awards a single CP per subevent until you get it, and grind away at the subevent in the hopes of finishing top 10 for another couple of points, and finish top 50 in the current PvP event for a couple of points... and hey, this is all looking like things I'd need an established 4* roster (and scads of time, for PvE) to achieve.

So now there's an new, mysterious game function that (from a technical standpoint) prevents purchasing 4* covers with CP that's coming down the road. I wonder what it will be!!!

Hopeful guess: Maybe that promised 3-4* transition pathway!

Cynical guess:
(1) Something that will shower even more probably-unneeded benefits on t100 alliances/players (that they will nonetheless be effectively required to pursue in order to avoid falling behind);
(2) Additional easing of the 4-5* transition;
(3) All of the above.

Comments