New quirky Versus event for the off season

Pongie
Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
Had this idea that could be fun. Similar to the balance of power event where everyone is equally maxed, why not have a juggling of power event where the levers and tiers are flipped?

ie. 5* starts at level 1 (like 1*). 4* starts at level 15 (like 2*), 3* remains unchanged, 2* starts at level 70 (like 4*) and 1* starts at level 250 (like 5*).

It will give an opportunity for non-vets to dominate with their weaker rosters. Being an off season event, I hope the vets don't mind seeing their precious 5*s temporary nerfed.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    It will give an opportunity for non-vets to dominate with their weaker rosters.
    That's exactly why they make us play BOP and Combined Arms in the first place. Except you're saying that giving crazy buffs to 1*s and 2*s to put them on equal footing isn't nearly good enough for you. Unbelievable.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like this idea, I only have one 1* character and three 2* so it wouldn't benefit me all that much but I'd be happy to see new players given ONE tournament that they have a chance of winning. Let's face it, every other event it's designed for players with good rosters and levels so why not let the new and under levelled rosters have 1 off season tournament where they won't simply be fodder for the 4/5* crowd.
  • All this would do is encourage vets to roster 3 1* characters and create complaints due to the additional roster slots required (and maybe sell a few roster slots).

A vet with a lvl 40 Juggs and 2 lvl 50 1*s is still going to dominate over the team with a lvl 40 IM40 and two lvl 35 characters.

In every other respect it's pretty much the same as BoP.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    All this would do is encourage vets to roster 3 1* characters and create complaints due to the additional roster slots required (and maybe sell a few roster slots).

A vet with a lvl 40 Juggs and 2 lvl 50 1*s is still going to dominate over the team with a lvl 40 IM40 and two lvl 35 characters.

In every other respect it's pretty much the same as BoP.

That's a fair point, I didn't know BOP existed until after making my comment.