Battles just seem harder no matter my level

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is there something going on in the game that punishes me for leveling my characters? I finally got a bunch of modern storm covers and can take her up in level and it just seems like every time I level her the missions just get harder and harder. I leveled her so they would be easier or at least less frustrating but if the levels level up as you do, then what is the point in leveling at all?

Comments

• It's not based on your character levels, its based on how the rest of the people are doing on the missions. Apparently they have it set that the more people clear a mission the more it levels up. So even if you just left the game alone for a while you'll see higher level mission when you play again.
  • What mode are you playing in?
  • Oh I am sorry this is in the simulators. I did the easy and hard ones yesterday, got 2 storm covers and leveled her up and now today a few of them went from being L15 opponents to L60.
  • Sadly, that has nothing to do with the fact that you leveled your character. It has to do with the way the game is designed.
  • OK, yeah I did some poking around (1st time here) and it looks like if your a lower level person you have to get in on these events ASAP and then ignore them till they finish.. seems like an odd model.
  • I posted this in main event thread but to summarize...

I got 2 accounts (Steam and mobile) and before starting, i looked at enemy levels in both accounts at same time. In Steam account, enemies levels were significantly lower than my mobile account. So you can't blame community scaling on this difference when both accounts are in same state.

It must either factor in previous performance (e.g. some hidden rating) or character levels to explain this difference.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me the levels dropped overnight (by nearly half!!) so just keep checking in
  • Strange. Well thanks for the info guys!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's what sucks. Critical tiles activated by event tiles are random correct? So that means of all the 64 spots the crit tile could have gone against the comp

O
    OOXO
    O

The O's are yellow tiles, I have them down to the Hood, 500 HP, I have all 3 but low on health each about 500 to 750 a piece, of course they get a crit tile to go in that little X, which kills me, then gives them another turn which of course the Hood uses his Yellow, kills my guy up and the cascade that ensues kills my 3rd, yeah, Random.....