Phoenix in packs?

Stony
Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I thought it was stated that Phoenix would be available on 11/12. I just found someone who already has her rostered. Is it safe to say she's available?

Comments

• I guess so.. because the upcoming R8 already has a bug fixed for Jean Grey (Phoenix)
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Yup, I just pulled her from my Season 10K progression token, so she's out there.
  • morph3us wrote:
    Yup, I just pulled her from my Season 10K progression token, so she's out there.

You Lucky ducky! icon_mad.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Seriously? Phoenix is out already??? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    She is most definitely out. I pulled one on my fourth try and I know of another gentleman who opened eight and got her two times. Seems the draw rate might be higher than 3.3% currently.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    I just opened 110 legendaries. Got 4 Phoenix, 5 Silver Surfer and 6 Old Man Logan covers. That's a little better than 10% but not by a huge amount.
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoy
    FOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I just opened 19 Legendaries and got 5 5*s, including 2 purple Phoenixes. Not too shabby!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just opened 110 legendaries. Got 4 Phoenix, 5 Silver Surfer and 6 Old Man Logan covers. That's a little better than 10% but not by a huge amount.

Wow, guess your team mates earn a fair bit of command points then.

I got a red one from opening 3 legendary tokens.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    2 jean grays ****
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    2 jean grays ****

Easy solution to that dilemma.

Give them away to the deserving yet less fortunate.

Like, me, for instance, heh.

(Murphy's law seems to reign supreme in 5* distributions! The lower your levels, the more 5*s you get! icon_twisted.gif )

The same seems to be true of 4* too, most vets complain about getting endless bagladys and XFW where as people with low level rosters (like myself) keep picking up KP,XFDP and JG
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    I saved all my lts up and have 2 Phoenix!!!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's threads like this that drive me closer to quitting than anything else about this game.

For the most part, this game used to do a good job of correlating rewards with effort. Yes, there have been some glitches when it comes to PvE scaling, and the way different shards play out in PvP, but despite that, it generally felt like the more you played, the more you progressed.

Legendary tokens completely throws all that out the window. I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune... the problem is, it makes me feel like there's no reason to keep busting my **** when people are drawing 5*s at 3x-4x the rate I am. We're getting really close to the point where 5*s will be having a major impact on PvP, and there are going to be plenty of people who won't be able to compete simply because they ended up on the wrong end of the token redemption bell curve.

Yes, the devs are big fans of "randomness = fun", which for half the people, it probably does. But the other half are left feeling, "Why did I bother??"
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    2 jean grays ****

Easy solution to that dilemma.

Give them away to the deserving yet less fortunate.

Like, me, for instance, heh.

(Murphy's law seems to reign supreme in 5* distributions! The lower your levels, the more 5*s you get! The higher your levels, the fewer you get! icon_twisted.gif )

i give them to you for the low low price of 2 red hulks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    It's threads like this that drive me closer to quitting than anything else about this game.

For the most part, this game used to do a good job of correlating rewards with effort. Yes, there have been some glitches when it comes to PvE scaling, and the way different shards play out in PvP, but despite that, it generally felt like the more you played, the more you progressed.

Legendary tokens completely throws all that out the window. I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune... the problem is, it makes me feel like there's no reason to keep busting my **** when people are drawing 5*s at 3x-4x the rate I am. We're getting really close to the point where 5*s will be having a major impact on PvP, and there are going to be plenty of people who won't be able to compete simply because they ended up on the wrong end of the token redemption bell curve.

Yes, the devs are big fans of "randomness = fun", which for half the people, it probably does. But the other half are left feeling, "Why did I bother??"

The increased availability of legendary tokens is a two-edged sword. It's fun for people who end up on the front end of the distribution curve, but progression to the next tier is purely luck-based right now, and that's not a good thing at all.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Confirming that Phoenix is now available (earlier than originally intended).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

This is how I feel as well. I only have 2 5* covers (both SS) and I feel like I'm falling more and more behind, just because I'm on the bad side of the RNGesus. There's people in my alliance with 5+ covers of a single 5*. When these start showing up in PvP then I won't be able to compete anymore. That will probably drive me out of the game finally.