How bad is your MPQ habit?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
After evaluating my own tendencies towards this game, I just wanted to throw this out there for some candor about our respective MPQ addictions. What things have you done that you would be embarrassed about if your friends and family knew?

1. I will wake up every 3 hours to spend my health packs if I am trying to place well in a tournament.
2. I have come to work early to avoid being stuck in traffic when a tournament ends.
3. I have stayed late at work to burn my packs so they can recharge on the way home.
4. I feed my 5 month-old with one hand while playing with the other if the situation demands.
5. While running errands, I have stopped in the middle of a store to use up my health packs before proceeding to check-out.
6. I avoid events that overlap with tournament endings if I am invested into it.
7. I bought extra phone chargers to keep at work and other places so I'll never run out of power. (That wasn't just for this game though.)
8. I "have to go to the bathroom" to do spot checks on my rank during family or friends' gatherings.

I'm sure there are other hideously shameful things I've done, but that's the bulk of it. Now let's hear 'em.

Comments

• only number 1

4....6......and 8 too
  • You give this game too much credit
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Guilty of 1-8, and 9+
  • Every week I change my commute schedule to fit in the gap between two Lightning Rounds, I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night due to waking up early enough to get my last Hood cover.

Most of my addictive behaviors have centered around Lightning Rounds, which is why I am so glad to be done with all my villain covers, but will still be a slave to the LRs during Hero weeks.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spend time with your child. When I go home if mine is up my game is down. Given my wife encouraged me with this habit but I have no regrets. Winning and doing well is great but you will never get this time back.
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    Spend time with your child. When I go home if mine is up my game is down. Given my wife encouraged me with this habit but I have no regrets. Winning and doing well is great but you will never get this time back.

YOU PUT THE GAME DOWN????? HOW DARE YOU!! APOLOGIZE TO IT NOW
  • 9 - I play less and less, not because i want to play less but because they make it so i cant play.
  • Wake up at 5am for the end of a PVE event, that is all.

I did it a few times for PVP as well, but that was before shields. Now I just use an 8 hour shield before going to sleep.
  • I just play at night from 9pm-1am. The only thing it has taken away is my television/internet time. No big loss.

My play time has slowly been eroding though. I've been trying out other games here and there looking for the 'next one'. I have a problem with most of these F2P/MMO type games, once I get to 'the end' ... the grind to level up these characters just becomes unbearable to me.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    See the grind is what draws me back. I just love the leveling up of characters.
  • I have played this game while stuck in the glacial flow of evening rush hour traffic.
  • Kiamodo wrote:

You like playing for three hours to raise your Hulk from lvl 85-89?
  • I just enjoy the general feeling of progression. Levelling, earning ISO (kind of redundant here) in droves from certain events, competing to get covers I want (I don't care super hard for 4* yet, but when I do, I'll probably start pushing for them a lot harder - for the time being, I'm more focused on 3* setups), earning new heroes (I'm a huge comic nerd - I don't know every nitty gritty detail, but I just love when references get tossed around, or when obscure-ish characters get brought in... as long as they're not something stupid like Doop), and generally just having fun. The only thing I feel bummed about is 1) when PvE events go sour (as Ch4 Heroic and TAT went), and 2) when there's not much to do in the game. Then I realize I have other games like Dark Souls and GW2 to get back to.

My habit isn't nearly as bad as some of the things on that last, I work at a software company and the worst thing I do is bust out 4 matches every 2 hours during lightning rounds... and wake up every 2 hours at night to get 4 more matches in. Since I have Spiderman / OBW, waiting for health packs isn't an issue, and even when it was, I'd just roll the clock on my phone forward.
  • When i'm trying to do well in PVE events I set alarms so I know when to start my refreshes.....
  • I have a grave sickness... MPQ is thy name.

I've turned my brand new flat screen TV into an large wall mounted radio, as I haven't watched a show in ages (Walking Dead premiere excluded).

I just listen to the dialogue and keep grinding away for iso and placement.

I assume burnout will set in at some point...
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I play at work while I make sales calls...finished January above quota...so MPQ helps!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The Superior Wilson
    The Superior Wilson Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All of the ones you listed. I play while feeding my 4 month old. The people at work think I have "stomach problems" because I'll hide in the restroom if there's something ending I want to place in. I also try to time the health pack thing where they'll regenerate while I'm busy.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Kiamodo wrote:

You like playing for three hours to raise your Hulk from lvl 85-89?

Yes
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    2. I have come to work early to avoid being stuck in traffic when a tournament ends.
    7. I bought extra phone chargers to keep at work and other places so I'll never run out of power. (That wasn't just for this game though.)
    8. I "have to go to the bathroom" to do spot checks on my rank during family or friends' gatherings.

oh god yes this
    Kiamodo wrote:

seconded
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I've road tripped from Wisconsin to Florida and Florida to Wisconsin in the last couple months. On Tuesdays/Wednesdays, I took a driving break every two hours in order to compete in lightning rounds icon_e_sad.gif .