4* buffs for pvp

Unknown
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I was looking through the forums and really couldn't find a solid answer to my question, seems like people had different answers. I wanted to level my prof X as high as possible but still be able to have a level 166 character tank purple tiles even when he has the bonus boost. I also looked at my 4*s that were boosted for the week and those were quite inconsistent as well. The bonuses ranged for 8 levels to 75. To be more specific carnage had 8, deadpool had 27, and red hulk and x23 both had 75 bonus levels. It seems as if the new characters get a solid 75 bonus. But I'm not sure because I haven't boosted any of them. Out of all of them my deadpool is the highest at 127 (base level). His buff is higher than carnage's ( at level 78 base level). So does the bonus buff increase the higher your charcter is?
Bottom line is I don't want to go over prof X's threshold and have him tank the highest color. So when even buffed, what is the highest level he can be for a 166 to tank? I would be hella upset if I over leveled him and seeings how you can't take away levels I would be stuck. Hence why I came here for advice beforehand! Thanks for the explanations in advance!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The answer is out there, but honestly, i stopped my PX at 166.. and he works fine.

I will say this, even at lvl 270, a 166 SW still tanks green over JG... odd.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    For PvE it's 131. (They get 90 levels when boosted). Normal PvP is a % of the base level (thus less than PvE), so 131 at minimum is safe. I want to say the number is around 170 but don't have an exact answer, so obviously I wouldn't go that high.

Malcrof wrote:
    The answer is out there, but honestly, i stopped my PX at 166.. and he works fine.

I will say this, even at lvl 270, a 166 SW still tanks green over JG... odd.

SW Green is secondary (strength 70) , JG Green is tertiary (strength 64).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know if you look at unboosted numbers, an unboosted 166-3* top color will tank for a 220-4* top color. if you want to consider boosted numbers, others will have to give the boost formulas.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I have mine at 161 and never had a time when SW and GSBW didn't tank purple as most powerful color.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    The answer is 175 for PVP events(boosted to 220)
    Cap at 131 for PVE(boosted to 221)
  • Slightly different answers, but right in the ballpark at which I'm looking for, thanks for the info all!!