why can't we have one point/day?

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Rephrasing since apparently a QUESTION is viewed as a suggestion

Is 1 guaranteed command point/day REALLY too much? RNG through node rewards is unreliable at best. This highlights just how stingy Demiurge is.

This is a QUESTION not a SUGGESTION

Comments

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    I suppose we could, but then they'd probably take CP out of the daily rewards.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Most likely. I'll be getting 25 points every 30 days, that's close to 1 point a day.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Most likely. I'll be getting 25 points every 30 days, that's close to 1 point a day.

How do you figure that? Do you know where CP will be available going forward? It appears Top 50 PVP and Top 10 PVE plus PVE nodes (and random daily awards). So unless you consistently hit Top 50 PVP and Top 10 PVE then I'm not sure how you know you'll be at 25 every 30 days.

I think it's reasonable to get 25 points a month (and more if you really grind), but I really hope we don't have to score at the very top of the brackets to obtain it.

I'd much rather see the 1 point for DDQ completion stay (or something very similar) - and/or allow for covers to be traded for CP instead of ISO based on player choice/need.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

How do you figure that? Do you know where CP will be available going forward? It appears Top 50 PVP and Top 10 PVE plus PVE nodes (and random daily awards). So unless you consistently hit Top 50 PVP and Top 10 PVE then I'm not sure how you know you'll be at 25 every 30 days.

I think it's reasonable to get 25 points a month (and more if you really grind), but I really hope we don't have to score at the very top of the brackets to obtain it.

I'd much rather see the 1 point for DDQ completion stay (or something very similar) - and/or allow for covers to be traded for CP instead of ISO based on player choice/need.
    Command points will be available through daily rewards approximately every 30 days - the longer you have played the more you get. I'm past the two year mark now, so I'll be getting 25 Command Points each time there is a Command point reward. Anything I get from PvP and PvE is a bonus.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the release of 4*'s at the crazy rate, pretty soon you're going to need a 4* once a day to cover them (hah!) in a year. You already need more than a 3* a day to cover them in a year - and they made a solution for that called DDQ.

Why 4* DDQ happens only once every five days is beyond me.

Probably for the same reason they took out the one CP/day (which was still to slow, imo).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've heard a lot of people over the last few months accuse D3 of being stingy and I'd kinda ignored it thinking it was mostly from people who expect too much for free.

But really...the CP thing really does feel kinda stingy. If you had a CP in every DDQ, you'd get a free legendary token every 3-4 weeks. Is that somehow going to break the economy when there are currently 260 covers required to max out all the 4*s?

I have 4* characters released months ago that are still utterly useless. The only ones I have that are of any worth are Elektra and earlier. Pretty much anything released after Elektra isn't worth me putting out on stage.

D3 seems currently to think up really good ideas that everyone's in favour of, but when we get them we find out it's such a small, insignificant change that it barely registers as a thing.
    "Get 25CP and you get a free legendary token! Awesome!" Except...you need to grind PvE nodes to *hopefully* get the one or two per sub event in the hardest nodes. And you need to be top 50 in PvP. And...you also need to spend money. And that's it. So it'll take months to get 25 in the first place.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can get 2.5 a day if I really want to go get them. as long as the pve nodes keep them, every month I can get 60 from those, plus 15/month in resupply until that bumps up. that is 3 extra covers/month, which will certainly help. do wish it was more? sure. would ddq cp's flood the economy and ruin the game? I sure can't see how. but until it changes we work with what we have and its a lot more fun to keep your expectations low and then get surprised every once in a while. I gotta work on that one.