Return Command Point to DDQ

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
Is 1 guaranteed command point/day REALLY too much? RNG through node rewards is unreliable at best. This highlights just how stingy Demiurge is. Give us the ONE point back

Comments

• Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Even better, bring back the 1 point in DDQ AND fix the RNG silliness for CP in the PvE nodes.

1 point/day for those who can reliably beat DDQ (and have the character of the day rostered!)
    1 point/day for thos who have the current essential 4*
    1 point/day for those who play at least a full clear

This is all gated behind some sort of requirement/effort, so it's hardly giving them away for free. That would result in up to 3 legendary tokens / month attainable through dailiy playing and engagement and having a broad roster. Sounds fair to me.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Platzy wrote:
    Even better, bring back the 1 point in DDQ AND fix the RNG silliness for CP in the PvE nodes.

1 point/day for those who can reliably beat DDQ (and have the character of the day rostered!)
    1 point/day for thos who have the current essential 4*
    1 point/day for those who play at least a full clear

This is all gated behind some sort of requirement/effort, so it's hardly giving them away for free. That would result in up to 3 legendary tokens / month attainable through dailiy playing and engagement and having a broad roster. Sounds fair to me.

rather see 1 pt for top 100 allainces in PVE per day.

wouldnt that be almost 4 3 pts per day x 30 days = 90

I say make the first nod a one and done (would mean everyone would earn this since the levels be like 30s)

make another later node one and done
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I agree that it should be an ongoing thing. Earning full DDQ rewards for a regular day presupposes that you have a given 3-star. Either you have a sturdy roster of 3-stars and are able to clear DDQ frequently (suggesting that you're prepared for the Legendary scaling OR are responsible enough to save the token), or you don't have many 3-stars and it'll take you ages to accumulate those points anyway.

The duration is more dramatic if you only figure Command Points earned from DDQ, but unless more avenues for CP are opened (non-Essential story end-nodes are fairly accessible, though mission reward RNG means you might never get them, and ranked placement rewards will obviously be awarded to a small percentage of players), it's still going to take most non-elite players a huge chunk of time to collect enough CP to cash in on a proportionately-regular basis. Yeah, plenty of people are already grabbing their tokens, but how many folks can only afford it because they did all the one-time rewards?

Yes, there's still Daily resupply CP every once in a while, but there's generally a correlation between account longevity and roster strength, so most of the folks rolling in resupply CP are probably good on 4-stars anyway. Plus, compare the effort/luck required to get 25 CP through Resupply vs effort/luck to get 25 through DDQ.
  • Pogo wrote:
    Yes, there's still Daily resupply CP every once in a while, but there's generally a correlation between account longevity and roster strength, so most of the folks rolling in resupply CP are probably good on 4-stars anyway. Plus, compare the effort/luck required to get 25 CP through Resupply vs effort/luck to get 25 through DDQ.

This is exactly why I don't see this happening. Pretty much any serious MPQ player, or any formerly serious now casual MPQ player will clear DDQ every day without fail, even if they don't enter nay events. So awarding CP for DDQ is as close as you can get to awarding 1CP/day i.e. 30CP/month approx.

For a player 1 year in to MPQ, daily resupply is 15CP/month.

From a business standpoint putting CP in DDQ is basically tripling the (almost) guaranteed CP given out to those players. For players roughly 3 or 4 months into the game, it could be close to quadrupling the CP drip feed (obviously doesn't quite reach that level if they don't are still missing some 3*s).

Something like that is going to shake economy. It might not be too problematic in the end, but don't expect them to rush into it so soon after the concept has launched.
  • Pogo wrote:
    so most of the folks rolling in resupply CP are probably good on 4-stars anyway. Plus, compare the effort/luck required to get 25 CP through Resupply vs effort/luck to get 25 through DDQ.

Yeah no. Given D3 puking out a mass of 4 star characters recently, with a comparably narrow way to cover them, you no doubt have a mass of long term players with a schizophrenic collection of 4 stars who have tough choices to make. Short of being on a top tier alliance, or throwing money down the toilet, you have zero chance of assembling a thick 4 star team needed to be competitive, as dictated by d3. Do I stick to my underpowered 4 star roster of XFW, Fury, Invisible Woman, or do I get my **** kicked top to bottom while I do and try to get covers for the likes of hulkbuster, deadpool, jean grey, thorette, or even xavier?

If D3 were serious about kickstarting a separate 4 star slot, they'd offer a ddq 4 star challenge every few days with an open option for the character ( any 4 star ) rather than 1 specific 4 star character needed.

I'm watching things develop like one would watch a car crash - in order to see what will happen.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Gaudium wrote:
    Pogo wrote:
    so most of the folks rolling in resupply CP are probably good on 4-stars anyway. Plus, compare the effort/luck required to get 25 CP through Resupply vs effort/luck to get 25 through DDQ.

Yeah no. Given D3 puking out a mass of 4 star characters recently, with a comparably narrow way to cover them, you no doubt have a mass of long term players with a schizophrenic collection of 4 stars who have tough choices to make. Short of being on a top tier alliance, or throwing money down the toilet, you have zero chance of assembling a thick 4 star team needed to be competitive, as dictated by d3.

That part I get, and I used poor phrasing. I shouldn't have implied that all players that are really far along on daily resupply rewards must automatically have highly developed 4-star rosters.

My main point was that reliably awarding command points through DDQ should be preferable over reliably awarding through Resupply. Looking at the list of resupply rewards, it shows that at day 156, you'll have enough CP from resupply alone to get a Legendary (this is just a few days after your first specific 4-star resupply). From half a year, you get 10 points per 30 days, after a year you get 15, and after 2 years you get 25.

With DDQ, you have to have the requisite 3-star character and win all 5 nodes, and if you can meet those requirements every day, sure, you can get 30 points per 30 days. But you could also get on and do Prologue mission 1 once a day and eventually the resupply would get you pretty close. Sure, your roster would probably suck if that was your plan, but that's not the point.

I realize that somebody took the time to plan & balance the values for resupply, I just personally think DDQ progression reward was an ideal implementation, since it requires more than just showing up, but doesn't rely on competitive ranking or grinding away at a "conveniently"-uncooperative final node reward in PVE. I'd rather see resupply values nerfed to accommodate an offset from DDQ, even if it meant recalculating the CP cost of a Legendary (with some advance warning so people who had the points had a window to spend them before the cost went up).
  • I can't remember exactly how I progressed, but I think the majority of players can get enough 3*s to do 30 DDQ clears/month by the end of month 6 and I think many people will be doing more than 5 DDQ clears a month by month 3. Here's a graph I made with some vague speculation:

Speculation.png

You can argue that this isn't how everyone is going to progress, but I would have to be very massively wrong for the accurate figures not to show quite distinctly different graphs.

If you adjust the number of CP it costs to buy a LT to the new scale, it may not break the economy but there are definitely going to be winners and losers out of that sort of change.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    1 cp for a full clear of DDQ is more than fair....that's a LT a month for a dedicated daily player....and at least you can get 1 a day for something...the pve nodes are a joke...i had to do one 22x to get the cp the other day...it also makes the DDQ relevant again for people who are done with 3*s