Last step for CPs - Sell 4s and 3s for CPs

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
Now that we have command points, which is a great addition, I think we can use those to make Legendaries better (well, and all the other tokens in general). I think everybody will agree that the reward we get for selling 4 covers is not enough, 1000 iso is nothing for the work you need to put into the game to pull a 4. Even 500 iso for a 3 is not that much. I also understand that they can be sold for HP, because then whales would not need to spend money. But now we have CPs, and that is an opportunity.

Make 4s sellable for 5-10 CPs and 3s for 1-2 CPs. That would be great for the game!

You open a Legendary and it is a 4 you already have maxed? Now is total desperation, if you could win CPs you would think, ok, soon I will have another chance I didn't work for nothing.

So, what do you think?

Moved to Suggestions, shadow topic left in General until 11/11
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted ISO. That's where the bottleneck in this game is.

Now if you could buy 4star covers for let's say 250 CP, I might be swayed.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Daiches wrote:
    I voted ISO. That's where the bottleneck in this game is.

Now if you could buy 4star covers for let's say 250 CP, I might be swayed.

It doesn't have to be either/or. Keep the iso. Heck, increase the iso AND add CP.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    The numbers are off. If we started trading in 3* doods for 1 CP we would be getting 1-2 LTs a week under the current plan. If the devs were to implement a "trade-in" plan, they would in turn raise the number of CPs required for purchasing a LT given the increased ability to earn CPs.

I'm not saying it's not doable, it's just not doable under the current cost structure for CP/LT. If in the future they provided an option to sell 3* for ISO OR earn 1 CP, and also raised the amount of CP required for a LT, then maybe. In the end, I'm still trying to level up about 7 10* characters and I can't because of the ISO bottleneck. So, having the option to continue trading in 3* covers for ISO is sometimes preferable.

And, yes, 2000 ISO for selling a 5* cover is laughable.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm I voted yes but I don't totally agree.

I think selling 4-5* covers for CP is fair but not anything less. Perhaps they could start allowing you to sell 3* for HP instead of Iso or at least give people the choice of either/or
  • ZekeBarrett
    ZekeBarrett Posts: 85 Match Maker
    I say sell 4* or higher for CP since 3* are not part of the Legendary token pool.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Hmmm I voted yes but I don't totally agree.

I think selling 4-5* covers for CP is fair but not anything less. Perhaps they could start allowing you to sell 3* for HP instead of Iso or at least give people the choice of either/or

3-star covers used to get you HP when you sold them, ages ago. I'm sure that if they brought it back, it'd only be if the HP payout was tiny, like 5 HP for per cover. Even then, it'd probably be set up so that only covers opened from tokens would be worth HP, otherwise people would have HP farms in DDQ, and they'd never let that slide.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    if they made it so every 5th three star gave you cp i think that might be balanced but a 1:1 ratio would be too much.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Only for 4* would be better
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Would rather see hp for selling covers come back. You could still get 4* covers eventually. Sure, no 5*, but I think many more players are looking to move quicker into 4* land. This would lessen the strain of 1000 hp/roster slot as well.