Eliminate or scale probability of 20-iso reward

Options
mags1587
mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
I suggest eliminating the 20-iso reward in PvE events (until you've gotten all 4 regular rewards) or at the very least, tie the probability of getting a regular reward to the difficulty level. In other words, a higher difficultly for the player would increase the chances of getting a regular reward.

It is very annoying, after struggling through and beating a "Deadly" battle, to see that 20 ISO reward pop up when you still have 3 of the 4 regular rewards remaining. Especially with the enemy levels scaling; every playthrough you'll face harder enemies, making the next battle even harder if you want that still-available 500 ISO reward.

I'm sure I'm not the only completionist here who wants to collect every reward on every level. It's very difficult to do that with the harder levels, especially when the RNG seems to be against you.

Comments

• I agree, it is extremely annoying. I counted the number of games I have just completed in trying to gain the final 500 ISO reward, there were 26 games that gave only 20 ISO. That is ridiculous! I only saw the 20 ISO come up four times as I achieved the first three rewards, but had to play an additional 27 rounds to get the final 500.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree, it is extremely annoying. I counted the number of games I have just completed in trying to gain the final 500 ISO reward, there were 26 games that gave only 20 ISO. That is ridiculous! I only saw the 20 ISO come up four times as I achieved the first three rewards, but had to play an additional 27 rounds to get the final 500.
    this. for the love of God, this. i've just played 14 games through the simulator, all for 20 ISO. All except one have only 1 reward used.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    Agreed. If there are four rewards and you received one at 100% drop rate, you would still have to do the mission four times. I don't understand statistically how the designers thought forcing a grind beyond that would be fun. If its about competition, leave that to the PvP portion of the game.
  • Thorzhamer
    Thorzhamer Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I suggest eliminating the 20-iso reward in PvE events (until you've gotten all 4 regular rewards) or at the very least, tie the probability of getting a regular reward to the difficulty level. In other words, a higher difficultly for the player would increase the chances of getting a regular reward.

It is very annoying, after struggling through and beating a "Deadly" battle, to see that 20 ISO reward pop up when you still have 3 of the 4 regular rewards remaining. Especially with the enemy levels scaling; every playthrough you'll face harder enemies, making the next battle even harder if you want that still-available 500 ISO reward.

I'm sure I'm not the only completionist here who wants to collect every reward on every level. It's very difficult to do that with the harder levels, especially when the RNG seems to be against you.

This is the definition of frustrating..... NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
  • I'm tossing my hat in the ring here with regards to this issue. It's completely absurd, and I don't believe for a second that it's a 50% chance at rewards each time (and even if it were, what kind of design decision is it that 7 runs to get all 4 rewards on average is acceptable?). I'm literally doing easier missions 6-7 times with it remaining at 1/4 rewards obtained, and at that point I just say screw it and go play another game.
  • I think halving the possibility of the 20-point each time you get it might help, if they're not willing to make it automatic you get the rewards first - 50/50 initially, then 75/25, then 87.5/12.5, etc. It resets when you get a reward. It would make those 7-match runs much less frequent, while still making the reward not automatic.