I Found a Time Machine..

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
You stumble upon a time machine but unfortunately the only time and date you can return to is the First day you downloaded MPQ.. do you tell yourself in the Past not to play this game?

icon_lol.gif Go!
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still get joy out of it, and I would tell myself to hold onto those Dino covers from the first anniversary... and join my alliance sooner.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, using the knowledge I know now I would rule MPQ!

I made so many noob mistakes, i even bought covers for 2*s with HP... then i found the forum by accident, and my doom was certain. Would love those first 60 days back.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    In spite of my many complaints, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. This game has provided me with countless hours of entertainment, joy and excitement. Plus, I've interacted with a ton of really cool people that I met through this game, and have a select few that I would call friends. Wouldn't change a thing (other than buying a 10 pack with my first HP purchase).
  • Punisher5784
    Malcrof wrote:

I made so many noob mistakes, i even bought covers for 2*s with HP... then i found the forum by accident, and my doom was certain. Would love those first 60 days back.

Which 2*s did you buy? I feel like I bought 1* covers when I first started but I don't remember haha. I definitely agree that I wish I had my first 60 days too! A link to the forum should be part of the MPQ Orientation for new players.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Which 2*s did you buy? I feel like I bought 1* covers when I first started but I don't remember haha. I definitely agree that I wish I had my first 60 days too! A link to the forum should be part of the MPQ Orientation for new players.

i respec'd my 5/5/3 2* Thor, because i hadn't gotten a cover for him in like a whole week!!
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    If I knew then about the time commitment that would be required to really transition to 4* and now 5*, I believe I'd just pass on the game. I got a lot of enjoyment out of it (and my fair share of infuriating moments as well), but to get to the end game is too reliant on luck and time. I always assumed there was some luck involved, but I saw the two 4*s as trophies to get to showcase that you were the top of the game. Now that it's definitively the next tier of play I probably wouldn't have started if I knew.

That may not be an entirely fair assessment - I realized last night that I'm pretty burnt out - but it's how I feel now.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd tell myself not to sell all those covers I regret ditching just to hold on to higher level 2*s I would eventually sell off. (Nick, Luke, Doom, etc.)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the game. I don't always love the design decisions but I've had more fun with MPQ than with any PQ since the first - and that's with the F2P roadblock to overcome.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stony wrote:
    This game has provided me with countless hours of entertainment, joy and excitement.

As a Steam user, this game has provided me with counted hours of entertainment. I'm not sure which is better.

But yeah, I'd still download the game.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I'd certainly not waste ISO on a level 94 Moonstone or a level 40 Modern BW.

Wouldn't waste the little ISO I poured into Captain America before realising he was awful, too.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I'd certainly not waste ISO on a level 94 Moonstone or a level 40 Modern BW.

Wouldn't waste the little ISO I poured into Captain America before realising he was awful, too.

Cap was my first 94. I knew he wasn't the best, but he was the first to be fully covered. I should have just waited.

Also, join a good alliance earlier.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Stony wrote:
    This game has provided me with countless hours of entertainment, joy and excitement.

As a Steam user, this game has provided me with counted hours of entertainment. I'm not sure which is better.

But yeah, I'd still download the game.
    As a mobile user, I wish it did tell me. But I'm kinda afraid of the answer.
  • Yes, but I would quit much sooner
    i would still download it as it was the best app around for a while and tell myself about the forum. but i would most likely call it quits at the xforce/4thor nerfs if i haven't made a strong foot hold in the 4* game, not worth playing after if i haven't. i bought xforce but played shyly and never really tapped his potential until a month before nerfs.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like to just answer "yes." None of the silly caveats.

It's also somewhat refreshing (and a little surprising) to see just how many people voted positively, or at least less-negatively.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd still download and play though if I could travel back I would tell myself not to hang onto a 1* roster for so long, and to not stupidly throw away 3 Thing covers because I had no roster slots DOH!

Also I'd tell myself not to buy stupid 2* covers with HP DOH!
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    I would go bk in time and not sell xfw in his 1st incarnation. I can only imagine what my roster would be like nowadays if id been running him for the short time when every1 had him.i had full green and at least 2 in other colours doh!
  • As my first F2P game, I bought Iron Man 1* covers with HP, not realizing that HP was rare. :'(
  • Unknown
    edited November 2015
    Definitely not.

I'll be the first to admit I've got a nice little addiction going, but if I knew about the diminishing returns (mostly scaling & MMR), the reliance on gambling mechanics for most of the game (pretty self-explanatory), and the requirements to be semi-successful (mainly PvE, but even overall, DDQ notwithstanding, sans the 4* node) in advance?

In a word, no.

To be crystal clear AGAIN, I ADORE the bones of the game, which is largely why I stick with it, that and spite ( icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif ), but the monetization and cripplingly slow progression at anything above the 1 1/2* level really makes it harder than necessary to actually enjoy playing.

DBC
  • This question is complicated. At the moment I started playing I was really enjoying the game and had a lot of free time. Even if back in time I would play the same way. However, if it were to start today I would answer that would not play anyway. I stopped already playing pve except something that interests me a lot as kamala Khan, Quicksilver or a 4 * outstanding. I have no time to play pvp, pve no way with the current format.
  • Punisher5784
    vinicius18 wrote:
    This question is complicated. At the moment I started playing I was really enjoying the game and had a lot of free time. Even if back in time I would play the same way. However, if it were to start today I would answer that would not play anyway. I stopped already playing pve except something that interests me a lot as kamala Khan, Quicksilver or a 4 * outstanding. I have no time to play pvp, pve no way with the current format.

So then your answer would be "Yes, but I would quit much sooner" icon_e_biggrin.gif