Devs and Forums - A question

OneLastGambit
OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
How often do the devs look at the forum posts and which forums do they view the most?

Just general curiosity as I tend to look at most of them.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    How often do the devs look at the forum posts and which forums do they view the most?

May be best to ask this in a PM to them, it may go un-noticed in General.
  • OneLastGambit
    Malcrof wrote:

To whom do I address the question please Malcrof?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

Well if this doesn't encapsulate the current state of affairs.... icon_razz.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Malcrof wrote:

Wait... was that a joke? I honestly, genuinely cannot tell because I can't tell tone over the internet.
  • Raffoon wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Wait... was that a joke? I honestly, genuinely cannot tell because I can't tell tone over the internet.

How long have you been a forum member? icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This should probably be asked in 'Suggestions & Feedback' or 'Tips & Guides'
    icon_lol.gif
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I were them, I'd prioritize suggestions and bugs. Pretty sure someone always reads bugs.

Also I would never read threads that say, "devs, read me".
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:

Honestly, wasn't a joke.. remember, they are at work.. they pop on the forums to release info, and occasionally to answer questions.. not 100% sure if the ones we interact with are the ones who check the bugs and suggestions forums.. but for the most part, general discussion is for the players to discuss things with each other.. Go through all 8814 topics and i bet you won't find dev interaction in more than 2-3% (that doesn't mean they don't read them), other than threads they start.

Just trying to help you get your question answered.

As for whom to address it to, Hi-Fi and IceIX are pretty good about answering PM's, so is Will the 1 or 2 times i have conversed with him, but they probably get loads of them every day.. so give it a nice 24 hour response time window.
  • OneLastGambit
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Honestly, wasn't a joke.. remember, they are at work.. they pop on the forums to release info, and occasionally to answer questions.. not 100% sure if the ones we interact with are the ones who check the bugs and suggestions forums.. but for the most part, general discussion is for the players to discuss things with each other.. Go through all 8814 topics and i bet you won't find dev interaction in more than 2-3% (that doesn't mean they don't read them), other than threads they start.

Just trying to help you get your question answered.

As for whom to address it to, Hi-Fi and IceIX are pretty good about answering PM's, so is Will the 1 or 2 times i have conversed with him, but they probably get loads of them every day.. so give it a nice 24 hour response time window.

Thanks Malcrof, I'm pretty patient so I'll pop them a PM and see what they say.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never understood the "to the devs", " open letter to the devs", "important notice to the devs" posts.

When people post that they really think a development team is going to take time out of their day to really read those and take a deep look at them? Yes, feedback is nice but some of those "to the devs" posts try to come off like the poster has an MBA in game design.

To the forum posters who post to the devs - is this the only consumer product you feel a need to speak directly to the developer\manufacturers on? I mean do you go to your car manufacturer forum and post "to the engineers" or goto Apple\Microsoft forums and post "open letter to the devs" also? The list could go on forever.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never understood the "to the devs", " open letter to the devs", "important notice to the devs" posts.

When people post that they really think a development team is going to take time out of their day to really read those and take a deep look at them? Yes, feedback is nice but some of those "to the devs" posts try to come off like the poster has an MBA in game design.

To the forum posters who post to the devs - is this the only consumer product you feel a need to speak directly to the developer\manufacturers on? I mean do you go to your car manufacturer forum and post "to the engineers" or goto Apple\Microsoft forums and post "open letter to the devs" also? The list could go on forever.
    I always do... I write strongly worded reviews and emails to the companies that I have a problem with their product or service... and I have a about a 10% success rate at getting a response, even if it is just an acknowledgement or an apology, but at least I feel better. I honestly write it for my own sake, so that I don't mull over it again and again in my own mind, but I get it out of my system in as constructive a way as possible.

Cheaper than a $20 office visit copay for a therapy session.
  • Malcrof
    JVReal wrote:
    I always do... I write strongly worded reviews and emails to the companies that I have a problem with their product or service... and I have a about a 10% success rate at getting a response, even if it is just an acknowledgement or an apology, but at least I feel better. I honestly write it for my own sake, so that I don't mull over it again and again in my own mind, but I get it out of my system in as constructive a way as possible.

Cheaper than a $20 office visit copay for a therapy session.

I only do that when i want free stuff honestly.. and it tends to work.. know how to pick your battles! Got a free 40" LED TV out of it once.. Did it change anything at all about the way any of them did anything, or have any effect on any of their policies? Nope, not even a little (except with the TV, it did get them to fix a typo on their signage), but having previously been a manager in a call center for many years, 99% of the people who complain the loudest.. all they really want is free stuff , without having to do anything for it.

It is the way of the world.

btw, after typing this.. i just want to clarify, this is not targeted at anyone or anything, just anecdotal.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi,

We try to read as many posts in as many sections as we can. There are numerous developers and folks from the publishing team checking the forums daily, so the chance that your post is seen is fairly decent. With almost 550 posts per day though, it can definitely be a challenge for us to scope out everything as quickly as we'd like.

I also send around regular reports to the teams highlighting important forum feedback.

-Hi-Fi
  • OneLastGambit
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

We try to read as many posts in as many sections as we can. There are numerous developers and folks from the publishing team checking the forums daily, so the chance that your post is seen is fairly decent. With almost 550 posts per day though, it can definitely be a challenge for us to scope out everything as quickly as we'd like.

I also send around regular reports to the teams highlighting important forum feedback.

-Hi-Fi

Thanks David, it was Just out of curiositymore than anything , I had no intention of a 'dear devs' post. Appreciate the response