Unlock Big Enchilada by default

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
My proposal is to have The Big Enchilada unlocked by default. This is mainly to eliminate the catch-22 of not being able to get a 3* cover because you don't have one already.

Newer players are already gated by the difficulty of clearing big enchilada, so a starting player trying to get 3*s would still have HIGH difficulty. It wasn't until I had a fairly developed 2* roster that I could even clear TBE.

And hey, if someone with a 1-star roster does manage to clear big enchilada, why not reward them with a cool new 3* cover for their efforts? After that they would need to have space to roster this new cover if they wanted to complete Dat Required Character.

Comments

• Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Tryke wrote:
    My proposal is to have The Big Enchilada unlocked by default. This is mainly to eliminate the catch-22 of not being able to get a 3* cover because you don't have one already.
    It's a barrier of entry, but it's not a catch-22. There are plenty of other ways to get the required 3-star, otherwise nobody would ever be able to get in. This is by design; if it was unlocked for everybody every day, you could have every single 3-star over the course of a cycle. This would destroy the scarcity model. The closest thing you could really hope to ask for would be allowing players without the requisite character to "buy in" for a set number of Hero Points (definitely more than the cost of a Heroic token, since it guarantees not only that you won't get a 2-star, but that you'll know exactly who you're getting without dealing with probability. That's fine for strengthening a character, but not for adding a new one to your roster. Even if they went that route, it'd easily cost more than 1000 Hero Points per day, and if you're a newer player, then you should be spending HP on roster slots instead).
    Newer players are already gated by the difficulty of clearing big enchilada, so a starting player trying to get 3*s would still have HIGH difficulty. It wasn't until I had a fairly developed 2* roster that I could even clear TBE.
    This also makes sense, as newer players are gonna get themselves messed up if they try to jump into a 3-star roster without a strong core. It takes a lot of covers and leveling before a 3-star is stronger than a maxed-out 2-star.

It would be fine if they wanted to add in a version of BE for people who don't have the required character, but they certainly wouldn't get the 3-star cover as a prize for winning.