First time hitting 1000

Blahahah
Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
icon_e_biggrin.gif
Finally after some 300 days of playing, I've finally buckled down and hit that sought-after 1000 point marker in PvP.
Took the boosted Hulk and Luke combo, a bit of shielding (work and all) and a fanatical 600 point steep climb in the beginning and the end but by god...
I've finally got it.

Now I feel like I can ask this with pride...

What the eff is LINE?

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats!

LINE is a chat/messaging program used by a lot of MPQ players. It can help people reach progression rewards if used right.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Blahahah wrote:
    :D
    Finally after some 300 days of playing, I've finally buckled down and hit that sought-after 1000 point marker in PvP.
    Took the boosted Hulk and Luke combo, a bit of shielding (work and all) and a fanatical 600 point steep climb in the beginning and the end but by god...
    I've finally got it.

Now I feel like I can ask this with pride...

What the eff is LINE?

Haha at first i thought line was some steam related thing:)
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Cheers!!!
    And the best thing is you are bound to repeat soon!!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Congrats, the first time is always the hardest. The buffed 3 stars are key to transition, with time, flesh out your top 5 3 stars and you'll be competitive almost every event.

Good for everyone else since you're now worth more icon_twisted.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Blahahah wrote:
    :D
    I've finally got it.

Congrats!
    Blahahah wrote:
    What the eff is LINE?

A security nightmare that also performs as a chat application for your phone.
    Hendross wrote:
    Congrats, the first time is always the hardest. The buffed 3 stars are key to transition, with time, flesh out your top 5 3 stars and you'll be competitive almost every event.

Good for everyone else since you're now worth more icon_twisted.gif

More realistically it'll be 10-20, but yeah - the more 3*s you have maxed, the more likely you'll have 2 boosted and that means the easier it is to get 1K.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feels good, doesn't it? =)

Congrats, dude!
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Congrats. I've made it the last three, but I had only even broken 800 once before that. Definitely feels pretty good.
  • Blahahah
    Thanks for the grats.
    Feels so good. I have Sentry pretty leveled so I considered trying for the 1k in that one but...
    Eh...

Sentry vs Luke Cage is always a bad time.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats. May I ask what was your level of characters?

I've been transitioning to 3*, and within the last 2 weeks I've gotten higher than ever in PvP, but I still can't really hit even 800 without shielding. I can't even get to 800 in a few hours as there's not enough high point targets to attack, and lots of hard targets to really risk the loss for.

I have characters from 102 to 127. Patch, Daken, Gamora, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, Hood, Beast, Hulk, Mystique, and Human Torch.

I did realize I'm closer to breaking through more than ever, and I've been monitoring PvE big time. I supposed not enough people cared about Heroic Dark Avengers, but I finished 1st overall, and got myself the Kingpin purpleflag.png, which is extremely handy in Prodigal Son currently.
  • Blahahah
    I have 5 lv166 characters: Lazy Thor, Lazy Daken, Luke Cage, Hulk, and Doctor Octopus for special occations.
    Mind you, I hit 1000 with some health packs to spare, but I also had boosted Luke and Hulk which is probably the best defensive team.

When I was hitting 800 consistently, I had a 166 Lazy Thor and a 140 Daken/Doctor Octopus and that was it.

Out of your team, Patch + Daken + Hulk are great for Hulkbombing, but otherwise just find a rainbow that works for you, and make a team you can be consistent with.

Given your character levels, I'd assume you're in a bracket thats pretty thin (most people are at the 94 bar or the 166 bar, not usually inbetween), so if ever a time to pick a fight it would be now.
    I recommend doing the Starfall PvP. Awards Patch covers and can help you get your start.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Congratulations to the original poster!
    byc wrote:
    Congrats. May I ask what was your level of characters?

I've been transitioning to 3*, and within the last 2 weeks I've gotten higher than ever in PvP, but I still can't really hit even 800 without shielding. I can't even get to 800 in a few hours as there's not enough high point targets to attack, and lots of hard targets to really risk the loss for.

I have characters from 102 to 127. Patch, Daken, Gamora, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, Hood, Beast, Hulk, Mystique, and Human Torch.

I did realize I'm closer to breaking through more than ever, and I've been monitoring PvE big time. I supposed not enough people cared about Heroic Dark Avengers, but I finished 1st overall, and got myself the Kingpin purpleflag.png, which is extremely handy in Prodigal Son currently.

I stayed focused on pve until just recently. I hit my first 3 1k on the last 3 events, and had only done 800 once or twice before that. Most of my roster is at 120, with cage fist and cyclops at 140. It was mostly cage and fist on these events. BUT: COVERS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELS!!!!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    byc/blahaha - rainbow is good, but synergy is key. rainbow or not, characters that work well together (i.e. fist/ top black user or px/witch/gsbw) will work way better than rainbow pairs (i.e. thor/doom or panther/gsbw). px/witch/gsbw can take down nearly anything (jean aside) and only cover 3 colors.
  • Blahahah
    TxMoose wrote:
    byc/blahaha - rainbow is good, but synergy is key. rainbow or not, characters that work well together (i.e. fist/ top black user or px/witch/gsbw) will work way better than rainbow pairs (i.e. thor/doom or panther/gsbw). px/witch/gsbw can take down nearly anything (jean aside) and only cover 3 colors.

While true, I specifically said "A rainbow that works for you".
    For a player whom isn't already ingrained deeply into the PvP system, it can be hard to pull off one of those non-rainbow teams on account of a lack of covers and power. Having a consistent rainbow team will open the doorway to allowing him to grow into his shoes, so to speak, in regards to PvP. That being said, the rainbow should fit his personal playstyle and have some synergy, obviously, but his roster has some potential in that area.

Patch, Daken, Gamora, Iron Fist, Captain Marvel, Hood, Beast, Hulk, Mystique, and Human Torch

Out of this team, I can find a lot of synergy potential between characters while still providing rainbow coverage.

For example: A team of Beast, Daken, and Hulk would work pretty well. Fills the rainbow and provides some decent defense against other players looking for easy wins.