first time hitting 1000 unshielded

Pinko_McFly
Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
In season at least.
With my good teams being slow I really don't want to go for 1300.
My plan is to stay unshielded. I should be able to hit the legendary regardless of how this ends. If my alliance really needs me I'll hop in and push my score back up. We're not top 100 so no biggie.
My main goal is just to save hp where I can.
Is this the right call?

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    In season at least.
    With my good teams being slow I really don't want to go for 1300.
    My plan is to stay unshielded. I should be able to hit the legendary regardless of how this ends. If my alliance really needs me I'll hop in and push my score back up. We're not top 100 so no biggie.
    My main goal is just to save hp where I can.
    Is this the right call?

Only if you don't care about your personal placement for season too. Depending on your team, you will lose 200+ points.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Yeah not really. Hit top 25 past 2 seasons and for all the hp spent got like 1 4* out of 2 10 packs each time.
    By the time i was done typing my original post, I was prob already down 200 points
  • Great work! I think the decision depends on your end time and if you really want to keep your points... You'll definitely start showing up on a lot more players' rotations and if you give them lots of points, they'll definitely take a shot at your team... I would shield enough to where I can get the score I need and then if all you want is the token and don't mind being attacked, skip the shield.

Again, good job! icon_razz.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Congrats! It depends on the end time, if you're over 24hr. you won't net HP. At 16 hours, you might but it depends if you'll be top 10 and your alliance. But I would wait and climb again @ 11, 8 , or 3.
  • Can I ask what sort of team you have?

That 1000 unshielded is a fantasy for a lot of players, after all. That's their dream roster.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Generally how much time is remaining when you join a bracket?

I've only hit 1K once, and find there's way too many things to try and align (time slice, boosted 3 stars, featured hero, when you start, etc) to hit 1K without spending more than 400+ HC, and even then it's not a guarantee.
    They last few times I've tried, I must have climbed too late in the slice, because I couldn't get higher than like 850 or so without retaliations coming every other minute knocking me back down.
    Was tempted to try with this X-23 PVP because most players don't have her leveled up at all and will be using the loaner like me, but it's probably too late now.
    PVP also completely interferes with PVE play because you only have so any Health packs, and a lengthy PVP climb drains them fast.

Basically the only reliable ways for me to get 4 stars are PVE progression legendary tokens, the Season Simulator 2K progression reward, and the final Gauntlet reward. New Release PVE's I sometimes am able to get 2 of the 3 covers, but usually just get 1 of the three. My alliance is casual as all get out, so no chance of anything from them.

4 Star DDQ won't happen for me for a long time because the next 8+ heroes that will be featured are barely covered for me, and the new Command Points will be given out far too infrequently once they disappear from DDQ. Hard to know what the true acquisition rate will be for these for the average person once these initial freebies are done, but I'm guessing it will be very slow.
  • I got lucky this time too, hit 1000 without shielding got x23, opened my tokens and got a 2nd x23 cover!
    Was hit for 315ish points by the time I got back to the pvp screen!!

I was using She-Hulk and Cage fully leveled with the loaner x23, did it in 3 sittings. First got up to around 500 no issues, then waited for health pack regen for a couple of hours. Then went through to 800 with around 7 hours left in my slice. Waited another hour, had lost ~100, then just played through til 1015. There was 4 hours and a bit remaining, but as I said got hit for a lot immediately after!

Edited for spelling errors
  • Pinko_McFly
    colwag wrote:
    Can I ask what sort of team you have?

That 1000 unshielded is a fantasy for a lot of players, after all. That's their dream roster.
    Mostly used my maxed cage and doom. Cage saves on health packs which allowed me to push for 400 points.