Star Wars Puzzle Quest

Starshatter
Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
Cmon, Marvel and Star Wars are both owned by Disney. You guys already have your foot in the door... Cash in on the craze!!

Comments

• Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    I'd honestly rather see Marvel vs Capcom Puzzle Quest
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    i'd be super into this!
  • I love the idea
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    In before the forum full of "CS won't exchange my 6th yellow 5* Grand Moff Tarkin cover!1!1!1 This game sux!" posts.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the surface, sounds fun. But, I don't think it would work with their current business model of continually churning out character after character. Star Wars doesn't have as many characters to draw from, at least not ones that would be meaningful to a wide audience. Marvel has 78 years and has published thousands upon thousands of comics. Star Wars has to draw from three movie trilogies, plus a few notable mainstream stories like Rogue One.

The Lego Star Wars games had this problem. They had over 100 characters, but once you got past the main cast like Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, you quickly were in the weeds with B and C tier characters that you didn't care about unlocking one bit. Oni Jass? Wi'Ba Tuyll? PZ-4CO? Blass Tyran? I have no idea who any of these are. I mean, you can make arguments for because an awesome actor made a fairly unremarkable character in the story more memorable (Mace Windu comes to mind). But, can you name any other minor Jedi council members? I can't.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm with firethorne. You think there are a lot of variants in MPQ? Yikes.

1* Han Solo (Classic)
    2* Han Solo (Hoth Gear)
    3* Han Solo (Carbonite Statue)
    4* Han Solo (Nerf Herder)
    5* Han Solo (It's not my fault!)

1* Yoda (Jedi Master)
    2* Yoda (Youngling Teacher)
    3* Yoda (Clone Wars Ninja)
    4* Yoda (Force Apparition)
    5* Yoda (Crazed Hermit)

1* Leia (Hair Bun Princess)
    2* Leia (Jabba's Captive)
    3* Leia (Bounty Hunter disguise)
    4* Leia (Endor Gear)
    5* Leia (Incestuous Sister)
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Dormammu wrote:
    5* Leia (Incestuous Sister)

Just LOL... nothing more to add.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    But, can you name any other minor Jedi council members? I can't.
    Yaddle. The female Yoda. And then there's the big forehead guy. If I saw his name, I'd be like, "Oh yeah..." Googling "big forehead jedi council" tells me he's Ki-Adi-Mundi. Oh yeah.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    But, can you name any other minor Jedi council members? I can't.

It is because of the name alone that I always remember Kit Fisto.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    On the surface, sounds fun. But, I don't think it would work with their current business model of continually churning out character after character. Star Wars doesn't have as many characters to draw from, at least not ones that would be meaningful to a wide audience. Marvel has 78 years and has published thousands upon thousands of comics. Star Wars has to draw from three movie trilogies, plus a few notable mainstream stories like Rogue One.

The Lego Star Wars games had this problem. They had over 100 characters, but once you got past the main cast like Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, you quickly were in the weeds with B and C tier characters that you didn't care about unlocking one bit. Oni Jass? Wi'Ba Tuyll? PZ-4CO? Blass Tyran? I have no idea who any of these are. I mean, you can make arguments for because an awesome actor made a fairly unremarkable character in the story more memorable (Mace Windu comes to mind). But, can you name any other minor Jedi council members? I can't.

They manage to make it work in a game like SW Galaxy of Heroes because you are picking a squad of 5, so rounding out a squad of Jedi or clones with a more generic character like a Jedi Consular or a Clone Sergeant is fine since it is there for the synergy.

On the other hand, they do not seem to be as keen on churning out loads of variants for the bigger names, in a SW MPQ those four plus the likes of Vader, Kenobi, R2D2, C3PO etc would contribute half a roster on their own, even before you got into areas such as Rogue One, the cartoons or the old republic era games. icon_mrgreen.gif