A Strange Thing Happened....

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
...Today when I loaded MPQ:

Got a window saying Nick Fury vouched for a new recruit for me. A button on the bottom allowed me to click it for 100 Hero Points. I did and my balance was adjusted +100 HP.

Anyone have any info on this? I will almost never turn down free stuff, but I'm just unsure as to how/why this came about.

P.S.: Have not yet spent the points, in case this was some super-strange sort of error.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you taken a break for a couple of days?

There have been reports of similar sorts of freebies to entice people back to playing.
  • Only one day.

Kind of had a weird work/medical issue yesterday.

I'm not even sure is was a full 24hrs. I'm still current on my daily SHIELD Supplies and everything.

Huh.
  • I'm glad someone made this thread, I had a similar situation but didn't know how common it was.

For me, it was 'Iron Man has upgraded his Repulsor Blast" or some such, and it gave me a red cover for IM35. I was a little confused to say the least.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It has been happening on my newbie Steam account.

My IOS account gets diddley and squat.
  • -Xios- wrote:
    I'm glad someone made this thread, I had a similar situation but didn't know how common it was.

For me, it was 'Iron Man has upgraded his Repulsor Blast" or some such, and it gave me a red cover for IM35. I was a little confused to say the least.

I got one of those the other day. Due to the lack of events over the weekend I had not even checked in that day to get my Shield supply token, I figured that was it.
  • Zhirrzh wrote:
    I got one of those the other day. Due to the lack of events over the weekend I had not even checked in that day to get my Shield supply token, I figured that was it.

That'd make sense. I'm curious how recent this was added.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    -Xios- wrote:
    That'd make sense. I'm curious how recent this was added.
    R37? R38? I'd have to go back and check. But a long long time ago.