Accidental retreat

wesley
wesley Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
Hope I am posting this in the right place but if not I am sure it will get tossed into a weird sub forum somewhere...

K my gripe with the new update.

Probably my fault for having a sucky phone but I spend all my money on MPQ so cant afford a new one haha! But really... When I am in a battle and my phone times out and "sleeps" when I press the home button to get back to the game, it used to jump right back in to the battle. Now the game acts like I paused it and I get to the Options / Retreat screen. So far I have accidentally retreated on 2 pvps that I was winning, costing me both placement points and health packs.

Anyone else notice this? Is it just me and my antiquated Samsung Galaxy S3?

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have noticed it pauses when it's not the "focused" app (when your phone doesn't restart all together).

Just a guess, but I'd bet that's their way to resource manage. The reason your phone nukes it when you switch out of it is it's your phone managing it's resources. I'd have to guess making it automatically pause makes the app take less resources when it's not active, so it gets kills less frequently. Like I said though, this is all speculation, because I see no other reason for that to be a thing suddenly.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this change too. I haven't accidentally retreated though. Isn't there a "Are you sure you want to retreat?" though?
  • I haven't noticed that happening on my iphone... But look on the brightside; at least it's asking you if you really want to quit... Sometimes, when I click out of the app and try to go back it crashes on me and treats it as if I retreated... Needless to say, I'm thinking of requesting a new phone from D3 for those times since I threw it across the room lol.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Please refrain from personal attacks

Go into settings> display> change inactive timer to 5 minutes.

Mod Edit: Play Nice!