Kingpin next up in DDQ

Options
Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Kingpin is next in the DDQ. I know there's some leaks out there about who he'll be facing, but we can at least get a discussion going about strategy. That way the devs have time to make some changes to counter whatever we come up with. icon_rolleyes.gif

My KP is 2/5/4 level 203, so I've got a pretty good shot at it. I'd rather have more black, but at least the purple gives me 8 yellow.

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not sure who it's against and apart from the usual deny colours my general thought is to try and save up black so you can spam it when you fire of yellow.

So at least 12 - 18 black to give 2/3 pokes.
    Then some combination of Purple / Yellow, perhaps prioritising Purple to deny his colours and firing this of when needed.

You have two more yellow than me and at a higher lvl. KP can be a bit slow so it's a game of attrition so the lower poke damage might be important.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can't find the leak easily.
    Would u say the matchup is more like Starlords **** matchup or more like prof x
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Not that this necessarily has to be the case, but if we're following the story behind the characters, maybe daredevil? Spidey too, but current MPG spidey doesn't really do anything...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chirus wrote:
    Not that this necessarily has to be the case, but if we're following the story behind the characters, maybe daredevil? Spidey too, but current MPG spidey doesn't really do anything...
    both would be disastrous for any KP. DD with a self chaining stun and Spidey's is very cheap
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Chirus wrote:
    both would be disastrous for any KP. DD with a self chaining stun and Spidey's is very cheap
    I would prefer to fight spidey because then I would not have to deal with ambush.

Then again if it is Dare Devil then lower level players can get match damage. A spidey protect tile or 2 could be devistating to a low level KP.
  • I bet Hood.

1st two common colors: yellow and black.
    2nd Both drain AP. Hood in each round and when Kingpin has 8 purples drains the yellow Parker.
    3rd Hood can destroy your countdown and special tiles with Twin Pistols.
    4th Both have partnership in comics. Parker is a thief and works to Kingpin despite being well intentioned.

Obs .: I would like to have Hood with invisibility power devil's mantle Nisanti and the power to resurrect arising from Dormmamu.
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Didn't they say a 2* was in one of the fights? My guess is OBW to increase your maggia timers. Or DD, since it makes sense as far as lore is concerned.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't find the leak easily.
    Would u say the matchup is more like Starlords **** matchup or more like prof x

You must not be one of us evil LINE users then.

Somewhere in between. It's not a gimme like prof x was (assuming you had a purple cover) but the ai tends to play the character poorly so it shouldn't be as hard as Starlord.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whoever it's against, I think I have no chance as mine is built 1/5/0. Weak blackflag.png , strong yellowtile.png fuel with purpleflag.png but no yellowflag.png ability icon_e_sad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Whoever it's against, I think I have no chance as mine is built 1/5/0.
    Well, you might've been able to use damage boosts and just outmatch him, if it turned out not to be a character that always has a protect tile out.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder if my sad 0/5/3 has a chance.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drew two Kingpin covers in 4 days to bring mine up to 1/2/0. Still not gonna win anything
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Kingpin is 4/5/3 - hardly optimal, but he should get the job done.
    Carnage is going to be interesting though - he's 5/0/2, so I guess it depends on how important black is going to be.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Kingpin is fighting Cage, and Cage is 5/5/5 like the others have been, then you'll have no chance unless you have a bunch of covers. You can't win with match damage against a 400+ point protect tile that's always there. No lucky 1/1/1 level 90 wins like with Prof X.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    If Kingpin is fighting Cage, and Cage is 5/5/5 like the others have been, then you'll have no chance unless you have a bunch of covers. You can't win with match damage against a 400+ point protect tile that's always there. No lucky 1/1/1 level 90 wins like with Prof X.
    Cage might be a worse match up than cyclops since you will get no match damage at all against him. Cage might only get a jab off but that will still be over 1k damage and his uppercut will destroy most KP.
  • Picklechu
    Picklechu Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Cage's strongest colour is yellow, so at least KP's purple power might hinder that from going off?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locking thread. Please use the existing thread for this, which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34867
This discussion has been closed.