What would you think about respeccing for Command Points?

Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
Please Note: This is not a Suggestion! Don't move it out of General! I'm not suggesting anything!

Anyway, here's what I'm suggesting...
Now that we have a new currency, which is "unpurchaseable" and is targeted at endgame progression, why not use that to allow cover respecs? This is an extenstion of the "let us have 15 covers and then assign 13" concept.

Players would be able to collect 15 covers for each character - 5 of each ability.
Players would need to raise a character to max level first.
Players could reassign the power level of each ability, at the cost of 1 Command Point per respect NOT per ability.

I think the fear of the developers towards a respec system initially is the thought that once players have 15 covers for a character, they would no longer need to compete. So under the current system, the players theorycraft the best way to distrubte the 13 points and chase those 13 covers and then they don't have to compete. They allowed their fear to cloud their vision and in the end, became the very thing they hated. Master Yoda would be disappointed. By attributing a Command Point cost to respeccing, you ensure that players will always have a reason to compete. Whales are already spending a lot of money on Starks to cover new heroes when they're released. They're the ones who do a lot of the practical side of theorycrafting already, by testing out the most popular builds as fast as possible.

There's no reason to remove the existing respec either, as some players may have just earned their first 13 covers in a less than ideal spread anyway, so they can still respec one point at a time via covers, or hurry things up with Command Points if those covers aren't available immediately.

Comments

• Mawtful wrote:
    Please Note: This is not a Suggestion! Don't move it out of General! I'm not suggesting anything!.
    followed by:
    Mawtful wrote:

200x200px-ZC-38c5e9c7_3025714504_Jackie_Chan_****_meme_face_70958233396_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    thatsthejoke.png

Shall I spell it out for you?
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    thatsthejoke.png

Shall I spell it out for you?

FYI: I never said that. icon_redface.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:
    Please Note: This is not a Suggestion! Don't move it out of General! I'm not suggesting anything!

ò_ó