Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be a total waste of resources, but it would be cool to build on your cap/victory doom/defeat idea and have a rotation or hero and villain themed victory/defeat screens.

Victory:

KK: blank banner enters, embiggened bash animation leaves behind rough typeface of "victory", kamala pops up from the bottom showing that she's wearing rings that spell out "victory"

Defeat:

Daken's claws slash through the screen and the "Defeat" slowly fades in red, like your screen is bleeding it out.
  • I really liked the new Victory banner, as minor of a change as it was. I was wary of people complaining about the change, because it's not like the guy making the graphics is taking a break from fixing IM40. Small cosmetic changes (as long as they don't tremendously affect speed) should always be welcomed, as combined they make for a better UX and help retain new players.
  • I would do very bad things to show support for Stan Lee's glorious mug congratulating me personally on my victories...

Just sayin'.

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    taking from MFF, i love the Victory screen showing the team you used and the person who dealt the killing blow, for defeats.. same, would love to see the char who killed me gloating, even though it will usually be a maggia muscle or Moonstone lol.

I know this would probably double the size of the installed game on our devices, so it is not feasible, but fun to think about anyway.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DEFEAT banner suggestion:

Deadpool throws tacos at you. Poop tacos. This goes on for an agonizingly long time. You can still receive notice of PVP losses during this time, but you can do nothing about them.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joked about it, but I really did enjoy the sparklies. So cheerful! So happy! Let us keep it please!
  • Malcrof
    I joked about it, but I really did enjoy the sparklies. So cheerful! So happy! Let us keep it please!

hate to be a touch serious in a fun thread.. but this is what happens when people complain about things that a(e)ffect nothing, they were just nifty sparkles, they made me chuckle, my wife loved them when she played.. the sound spooked my cat the first time.

Just a fun addition for fun's sake.. and people complained..

tell the artist they did a great job! If they are making a new one, make it even sparklier, i mean full on David Bowie and Liberace love child with a GONG!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Alt goofy victory: Stan Lee head pops up from the corner, smiles, and an ecstatic EXCELSIOR! word bubble pops up icon_e_biggrin.gif

stan_lee_quote_2.jpg

Makes me think of Mortal Kombat 2's "TOASTY!"
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

hate to be a touch serious in a fun thread.. but this is what happens when people complain about things that a(e)ffect nothing, they were just nifty sparkles, they made me chuckle, my wife loved them when she played.. the sound spooked my cat the first time.

Just a fun addition for fun's sake.. and people complained..

tell the artist they did a great job! If they are making a new one, make it even sparklier, i mean full on David Bowie and Liberace love child with a GONG!

The only thing that would make that sparkly new victory banner even better would be disco era Dazzler rollerskating across the screen to bring it out.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    And my vote for a new DEFEAT screen would be a team picture of the Great Lake Avengers welcoming you to the team.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the weirdos that play with sound on
    I lol'd. icon_e_smile.gif Haven't heard the sounds or music in this game since about day 2.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    For the weirdos that play with sound on
    I lol'd. icon_e_smile.gif Haven't heard the sounds or music in this game since about day 2.

I play with sound but no music. I still cringe when I hear Ragnarok's "battle scream" even though it's not quite as awful as it was when my highest character was a level 25 2 star.png .
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    .. the sound spooked my cat the first time.

Sparkle banner has sound?!??! icon_e_surprised.gif

no idea, but thought it might, so i turned up the volume, cat usually sits on my shoulder/back of couch, and watches me play .. the screen and sound on startled him. Honesly no idea if the sound was any different than before. But it sure was brighter.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're pulling the new Victory screen?
    Why? They don't take on board any other feedback, so what was special about this?

Here's some feedback: the Victory screen is fine, get your artists to fix Squirrel Girl. There's also that small matter, from about a year ago, of displaying enemy AP gain which you never fixed. I know you'll need some devs to code that as well, but you can get a head start on replicating any of the myriad suggestions from the community.
  • Koorogi_859
    Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Now I want to see a Marvel version of Street Fighter II victory/defeat screens ("You must defeat Shen Long to stand a Chance!"), complete with whichever character that made the last "downed" talking trash.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we should get a fatality cut-scene any time we one-shot a full health character...
  • Malcrof
    simonsez wrote:
    I think we should get a fatality cut-scene any time we one-shot a full health character...

See, this all needs to go into the console version!