So I don't use Facebook...[temporary Facebook access for CP]

Lowrider925
Lowrider925 Posts: 13
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey all, so...I don't have an active Facebook account, but I want to grab the additional 5 command points (cuz I'm greedy like that). If I use my girlfriend's FB for backup and keep playing solely on my iPhone, will the game start to troll her Facebook account with updates on my progress? She wants to know before she agrees to let me use her account. She's the best icon_e_biggrin.gif

Mods, feel free to move this wherever it needs to go. I'm new to posting on the forums so didn't know where this should go.

Mod edit: updated subject line. This will probably get moved or merged in a little while, but letting it stand alone for now. -DayvBang

Comments

• Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Just act like a grown man, open your own account and use it only for the game. Leave your girlfriend alone! icon_lol.gif
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used a junk email address and opened a fb acct just for mpq. works just fine.

Sorry for all the lies, data collectors.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you want to use your girlfriend's account, what you can do is after you're done, go into her Facebook settings on the website, click the little menu button on the top right, and go to "settings". Then select "apps" on the left, and remove MPQ from the lists of apps she's granted permissions to.

(This is also how you can get friends who stopped playing to stop wasting your shared rewards. Good luck getting them to do it, though.)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all, so...I don't have an active Facebook account, but I want to grab the additional 5 command points (cuz I'm greedy like that). If I use my girlfriend's FB for backup and keep playing solely on my iPhone, will the game start to troll her Facebook account with updates on my progress? She wants to know before she agrees to let me use her account. She's the best icon_e_biggrin.gif

Mods, feel free to move this wherever it needs to go. I'm new to posting on the forums so didn't know where this should go.

If she has friends who play, they will get gifts from you, and you from them, and they do it through the game itself, not via FB spam, nothing at all goes onto FB timelines etc..
  • Awesome! Thanks everyone!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope no one minds the slight hijack -- for those of us who've already been backing up our games via FB, do we need to do anything more for the rollout CPs?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    is there a way for steam players to get the bonus, cause i would use FB to save the game but steam doesn't play well with mpq and FB. lol
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX stated that something was in the works for Steam players but he didn't have the details yet.