CP Alliance

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just received the in-game pop-up that Command Points (CP) are available.

I'm curious if there are players thinking of creating a designated alliance for the sole purpose of farming CP by purchasing HP/Iso so everyone gets CP.

7 CP to everyone for a Stark Salary

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    We're not planning on stopping this, much like we don't police merc-ing, but do remember that if you're going to Alliance hop for this sort of thing that there are timers to get back into your old Alliance. We're not going to be handing out rewards through CS for people that decided to hop to a "CP trade Alliance" and miss out on their normal Alliance rewards as a result.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Come on, Ice! You didn't see this coming???? Now how do I get an invitation to join a whale alliance and get free CPs??? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    We're not planning on stopping this, much like we don't police merc-ing, but do remember that if you're going to Alliance hop for this sort of thing that there are timers to get back into your old Alliance. We're not going to be handing out rewards through CS for people that decided to hop to a "CP trade Alliance" and miss out on their normal Alliance rewards as a result.

So you're banking on people valuing the 200 Iso more than the 140 CP?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    El Satanno wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

You'd be shocked (or not) about what people will write into CS demanding for their inconvenience in attempting and failing to game the system.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

You'd be shocked (or not) about what people will write into CS demanding for their inconvenience in attempting and failing to game the system.

You should make a thread of the dumbest CS emails you've gotten.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I'm personally kind of shocked that round-robin style CP-earning through IAPs within Alliances is going to be allowed in the first place.

Though I'm sure this encourages spending (and hey, don't look at me - I just bought some Logan's Loonies a week back, thank you very much!), this is also going to drive a bigger wedge between the hardcore spenders who are banded together in Alliances and everyone else.

I mean, I guess in a way I shouldn't be caring because that caliber of both performance and spending is beyond my reach, but...

I'm concerned anyways. I'm also concerned for the longevity of these last newly released star level characters.

Does that mean by the time -everyone else- 'catches up', we'll be at 6, 7* rarity, because that 1% is on a perpetual AP-feeding whirlwind of earning CP for themselves and their Alliance members?
  • Punisher5784
    edited November 2015
    IceIX, will there be CP rewarded for this PVE?

I don't see it in the progression or event rewards but wasn't sure if its randomly rewarded during the events or if it would be 1/4 of the node rewards. It's a 7 day event so the addition of CP would help!

Edit: Nevermind I saw you answered this on another post. Won't be ready until likely Nov 15
  • Punisher5784
    scottee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

That's called the 'Wall of Shame' at my job. We get all sorts of stupid requests and emails everyday.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Player request: uh, hey, I raised a ticket because I didn't receive event rewards after 24 hours. I even included screenshots. You just closed the case without any correspondence.

CS response: lol. Tinykitty you, pay me. ~*closes ticket*~

Edit: I don't understand how anyone is surprised at alliance CP boosting. Remember the new motto is "Spend big or uninstall". If you're not spending money, you're useless to Demiurge - literally a drain on resources - and they want you to quit. The fastest way to do this is to make sure that your alliance feels the same way.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    scottee wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I've got a feeling it'd look a lot like the "Unfairness is unfair" mad libs posted a while back.